Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single Use Link

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2006 Aug 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to Captivate and this forum. I am looking for a way to use either a click box or button or something that will allow the user to click it and go to another slide then return to the 1st slide and not have the option to click the button or whatever again. Or at least have the button or whatever change colors to indiciate that it has already been clicked - like a hyperlink does.

Any tips anyone could provide me would be great. Thank you.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2006 Aug 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trngguru and welcome to our community

What if you duplicated the slide with the button. The action of the button would be to skip the slide with the disabled button image. Then on the duplicate slide, you simply have an image of the button in a disabled state. You then return to the slide with the image of the disabled button.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2006 Aug 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Thank you for your advise. Unfortunately that will not work for what I need. But thank you for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2006 Aug 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- Not sure what your specific application is, but it seems like the solution offered by Rick would be ideal. YOu could link to the adjacent slide showing the disabled button state, or you could make the button on the linked page be "return" to get you back to the first page.

As an alternative, you could put your linked content into a popup (Flash or otherwise) and then tell your users to close the pop-up to return to the linking slide.

-Marty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 11, 2006 Sep 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Me too Marty. I thought Rick's suggestion was perfect. Wonder why it wouldn't work . . .

Course, I also wonder where the white goes when the snow melts ... and why Bobby Brown beats up on Whitney Houston ... and why the Cubs can't win a pennant ... I'm just full of questions. Anyway, good suggestion, Rick!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources