• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 9 Corrupt CPD When Moving Files

Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I made a brand new file in Robohelp 9. I made it locally and moved the entire folder to the fileshare. When I tried to open it from the fileshare, I got the error that the file was corrupt and to delete the CPD file. I delete the CPD file and that fixes the issue. However, whenever we move it from the fileshare to our local drive or back again, the file gets corrupted again. Every time.

This happens to me and to other folks on my team. We had the same issue with another file a few weeks ago.

Is there some trick to moving the folder that I'm missing? We are on the cusp of building a much bigger project so I can't afford to lose my project to a corrupt file.

I made a folder called ProjectSourceFiles and put the robohelp files all inside that one folder. We are moving the big folder.

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot run projects from a network other than with source control. The reason is explained in Snippets on my site.

You can store the projects on a network for backup purposes but you cannnot run them from there. If there will only one person working on any project at any one time, use the project locally and run a simple backup routine at the end of each day or overnight. I prefer to create a zip file and copy that. The backup adds some date information if we need to step back.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We aren't running the files from there. We are developing from the local drive of whatever developer is working on it. We just put the files on the fileshare to store in between when we are working on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you move the files? Most times copy and paste will work fine but occasionally I have seen people have problems of the type you describe. Try zipping the folder and copying the zip file across.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, we just copy/paste the files. We'll try zipping and hopefully that will fix the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp