Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

File name is changed when form is submitted

Level 1

I have a form that, when completed and returned, prompted me to add the form to a responses file. The form was returned with by a "Submit" button, and the URL was set to "mailto:xxx@xxxx.com. I changed the button to use Javascript (so I could pull information from a field and put it in the Subject line). Now when I receive a form, the attachment name is different from the original file name.

Original file name: NURF_distributed.pdf

Attached file name: NURF_distributed.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro.pdf

My question is, how do I get the attached file name back to the original file name?

Thank you for any help!

Amber

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is correct.

The appentix of the PDF viewers name to the file name is because the form was "dirty" when the mailTo action was executed.

Dirty means, the changes to the form where not saved.

When you save the form in front the action, the attachment wll have it's original name.

Or you add this script to your form and execute it in front of the mailTo action.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is correct.

The appentix of the PDF viewers name to the file name is because the form was "dirty" when the mailTo action was executed.

Dirty means, the changes to the form where not saved.

When you save the form in front the action, the attachment wll have it's original name.

Or you add this script to your form and execute it in front of the mailTo action.

Level 1

I added your suggested script, and it resolved the issue. Thank you for your help!

-Amber

Level 1

I now have a new, related issue. The completed form does not send when the user clicks on the submit button. Is there a way to send to completed form, without appending the PDF viewers name to the file name?