• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to read ebooks on new computer - INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED!

Jul 10, 2011 Jul 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my computer crash this morning and have had to purchase a new one. I had just done a back up and have all my ebook files on a jump drive but now that I have redownloaded Adobe Digital Editions on my new computer it won’t let me open my ebooks.
I have tried a number of different things to try to make it work. I authorized my computer using my Adobe ID and have tried it without authorizing and I get the same two messages.
When I try to add my books to the library from my jump drive, I get the following message:
Document is licensed for a different user account
When I have tried redownloading my books from my ebooks account, I get the following message:
Error getting license
License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
I have tried a number of the solutions that I have found posted in these discussions.  I have uninstalled and resinstalled.  I have deleted from the Registry and nothing is working.  I have now spent at least 2 hours trying to solve this problem.  I tried to open a webcase or email Adobe but there is no way to do it that I have been able to find.  The only option for support with ADE is to call and I am not interested in spending the money to talk to someone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 11, 2011 Jul 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's the 'new computer' thing... Don't have any experience fixing

this one, but it's not uncommon. Have you searched the forum to see if

anyone else has posted a solution?

=============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost have a similar problem, but my computer was stolen and I have tried all that kmyers7 did and the problem still exists. What can we do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to make sure that you authorize the new computer with the same AdobeID as your old computer.  If you did not uahtorize your old computer (you did it anonymously), then you are out of luck, and your best bet will be to ask the place where you pruchased the content from for a new download (telling them that you are changing adobeid - from anonyous to named).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very illuminating. No one told us to do that. There should be enough information for anyone downloading the adobe editions to safeguard the users from all these problems. I am sorry to say that I also did not authorize my stolen computer. It goes to reason that we all change our computers either they get stolen, or crash or just for an upgrade. These issues should be addressed for the users, not let us get as frustrated as Mr kmyers7 and I am now.

At any rate thank you for your help and information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if you did do the anonymous activation, then there were multiple warnings about the content being locked to the computer instead of to you.  Unfortunately most people tend to ignore those dialogs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Have you tried Deauthorizing your ADE? If not, then launch ADE and Deauthorize by holding down the CTRL+SHIFT then press letter D. As soon as ADE is Deauthorized, try Authorizing it again using the same email. Works for me. Or try creating a new account in adobe.com and use it to authorize ADE. Hope this helps.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines