• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slidelet images

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very confused using images for slidelets in Captivate 4. Sometimes, they import beautifully and others they look AWFUL. I'm not doing anything different...I grab a capture with SnagIt, save it as .png, and import it into the slidelet. It looks fine in SnagIt Editor but looks all mashed in the import preview window and subsequently, the slidelet space. Why does it work sometimes and not others?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this with png's as well... sometimes there is transparency that you need to crop to scale the image properly withing the slidelet. Barring that, please post an image of your issue, and I'll work through it with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2011 Sep 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lefthook77 wrote:

I found this with png's as well... sometimes there is transparency that you need to crop to scale the image properly withing the slidelet. Barring that, please post an image of your issue, and I'll work through it with you.

Slidelet1.png

This is what the slidelet looks like that worked.

Slidelet2.png

Here's the one with the poor image, which was captured EXACTLY as the one that worked.

This is what that image should look like:

AncOrders2.png

Thanks!

=Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a stupid question, but which image slide quality do you use?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to libiri's question, which is by no means stupid... I need to check mine as well...

I've noticed that pasting into powerpoint or word then saving as a .png from there gives me a fairly standard result. Although, I believe, there is some compression added by doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand the question fully...

In my second example, I did not use any image because I could not get it to import into the the slidelet. Instead, I just used a rollover text caption, which doesn't have half the impact of an image. Also, the second image did not upload to this site well...it was much better before I uploaded it.

I use SnagIt to capture the screen images and save them as .png. I also tried saving them as .jpg, .gif, and .bmp to see if they would import to the slidelet any better, but none of them did.  What I don't understand is why importing any type of screen capture images to a slidelet works sometimes but not others. I'll try the PowerPoint suggestion and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to my question: which slide quality? Check in the Properties panel, General accordion. Default setting is Low (8-bit) and for such complex images as you show you definitely have to change this to Optimised or High.

Maybe the paste to Word... work, but I find this very strange, because I try to avoid using the clipboard as much as possible. Why not using a real graphical application to optimise the image?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is the way to go, for sure. Still, I thought the slide quality only dealt with the compression at publish... not while working in the slide. Plus, it wouldn't have changed between images, I'd think.

Interesting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...I've tried it again using the ppt suggestion and still the same results. Here's what I get:

1. Save image as png

Cfg_DiaplayTab.png

2. Select image for slidelet:

Slidelet_InsertImage.png

So far...so good...

3. Click OK

Slidelet_InsertImage2.png

Image is unrecognizable. What am I doing wrong?

=Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane, please, what is your slide quality? I have been asking that before, but never got an answer,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry...I optimized all slides after you recommended it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW...when I do it as a rollover image, it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources