• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem importing winhelp files into Robohelp 8

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am converting five help systems. I successfully imported three of them, but when I try to import the other two, a lot of files are created (I'm not sure if it's all of them), but no .xpj file.

Before importing the files, I added page breaks to each document to eliminate the font lists (see Mr. Grainge's snippet 56). I also had to change the Image folders setting, because I had to move the source files to a different server and the project stored the absolute path from my old PC.

For one of the successful ones, I forgot to change the Image folder settings, and it did not create the .xpj. When I changed the Image folders, it imported fine.

I appreciate the help that I've received by reading posts over the years. I hope that someone can help with this problem.

BTW: I tried deleting the [project name].rtf file, and that did not help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Move to a different server"

I hope you are not storing the project on a server. That's a big NO NO with RoboHelp HTML. Return to Snippets for an explanation.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion, I meant machine, not server. The files are on the same machine as the program. I access it by remote desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If an HHP file has been created you can open a project with that.

You might lost certain things such as build tags. See Opening a Project on my site where you will find ways of recovering what has been lost, although not all will work as you don't have an earlier RH HTML project.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the only files in the project root directory are the .css file and ehlpdhtm.js (I thought I had seen more in my attempts, but it looks like the subfolders are empty, too--I apologize for not looking more closely before posting my initial question).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That puts a different light on things. If you import without the page breaks and changes to image folders, do you at least get a all the required files?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Peter, sorry to ask you to return to an old thread.

I found that changing the paths for the image folders caused the problem. I re-created the directory structure on the new machine, and the import completed mostly successfully.

However, of the 350 files in the shg folder, only 182 were imported into the new image folder, and of those, only 10 were complete--the rest were just a question mark image. I tried searching the forum, but didn't find many topics for "shg import"; would there be a better term to search? (Or better, can you point me in the right direction?)

Thanks for all your help through the years--your posts and snippets are invaluable.

Walt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2011 Sep 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what you mean by "only 10 were complete" as either an image imports or it doesn't. I believe the mapping gets lost and you have to create an image map in RoboHelp HTML. It's a while since I imported any winhelp.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp