Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking RoboHelp Content Between Two Projects

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I'm trying to find a way to link content between two RoboHelp projects. The idea behind this being that each project is developed arround application access, with one project being general and the other requiring elevated access. Is it possible possible to link and update content between projects using only the RoboHelp files?

For example:

Project A will include folders 1-10 of a TOC.

Project B will only include folders 6-10 of Project A's TOC.

Any suggestions for how to achieve this in RoboHelp 8?

Many, many thanks in advance.

-D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could probably do this in 1 project by using RH9's Content Categories

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard great things about this feature, but I think it falls slightly outside of dynamic filters.

Perhaps a better way to describe what I am trying to achieve would be as follows:

Project A will have a TOC with a Home Page and 10 content topics.

Project B will have a TOC with a Home Page and 5 content topics that are includes in Project A (6-10).

The shared topics are identitcal. I only want to have to update them in one place.

I want to be able update 6-10 in Project A and will dynamically update Project B when built.

Any ideas for how to achieve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2011 Sep 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So different people have access to different help outputs, is that the scenario?

If so, wouldn't using build tags and then generating two outputs so that one output has all the topics and one has a limited set achieve what you want?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp