Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integrating Captivate 3 Movies

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I’m trying to insert a Captivate 3 .swf file into a Robohelp Topic page. I use either the Captivate Icon in the toolbar of the Insert  Insert Adobe Captivate Demo. In both case I navigate to the .swf file, of which there are 2 (demo.swf & demo_skin.swf). I select one of these file and afte hitting the OK button the applicaiton immediately hangs and I get a Not Responding error. I leave it for 10 mins and nothing changes. I have the latest updates.

Am I doing something wrong? I publish the Captivate movie as a .swf file so I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Kenneth

Odds are that you still have the Captivate project open in Captivate. Try returning to Captivate and closing the project and the hanging should stop.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it. I feel kinda' stupid it was something as simple as that. First time trying to use .swf files in Robohelp. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Kenneth

Let me tell you a little story about feeling stupid. I've been using RoboHelp since 1992. When I first began combining Captivate content with RoboHelp, I found myself scratching my bald head at points such as you encountered. And I ran into the same issue and had no clue as to how to fix it. It seemed random to me. Sometimes it would lock up and sometimes it would insert just fine. Then one day I made the connection that it only locked up if I had the project open in Captivate. This made no sense to me because the source of Captivate shouldn't have any influence on the .SWF if I have already created it.

But it does.

Happy I could help... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp