6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2011 4:10 PM by Xavier Beautoir RSS

"Cannot find the following asset(s) referenced in the catalog:" error found in catalog.

Xavier Beautoir Community Member

I created a catalog within the catalog folder for the workspace, the same place the Default.cxml is. I created a library for service interfaces and a library for service implementations following the instructions at http://help.adobe.com/en_US/enterpriseplatform/10.0/AEPDeveloperGuide/WSabb771403789c7a3-3 1e63d5312fb7375fac-8000.html#WSe851854fd1e0856a3adf5f4513046ea7dc4-7ffe. When I use the annotations described my service interfaces and interface library are added automatically.

When I deploy my catalog there are no errors. I use CRXDE Lite and go to /content/mosaic/catalogs/[my catalog name] and I can see my interfaces and service classes in there.

I create a new Flex Project for ADEP Experience Services and selected the catalog I created. Within there I create a new stylesheet in the styleSheets package and it is created at [project]/src/styleSheets/[stylesheet name].I right clicked on the style sheet and selected "Compile CSS to SWF". My style sheet is added to the catalog automatically.

I try to deploy the catalog at this point and it give me the error, "Cannot find the following asset(s) referenced in the catalog: " and then it lists my stylesheet.

Has anyone had this problem and have an idea of what hole I am falling into?

• 1. Re: "Cannot find the following asset(s) referenced in the catalog:" error found in catalog.
          dwalling techies

Is it possible that there is a case difference in the name of the stylesheet? Maybe something was renamed or changed case between the time it was created and when it was deployed.

• 2. Re: "Cannot find the following asset(s) referenced in the catalog:" error found in catalog.

I have tried this with three different projects, all with different style sheets. Each time I have the same problem. I also get the same message for any tiles I create. It looks like something is messed up.

Let me remove all of the ADEP plug-ins from Flash Builder and reinstall them to see if something is wrong there.

• 3. Re: "Cannot find the following asset(s) referenced in the catalog:" error found in catalog.

There is something basic I am missing. I started over with my installation.

I moved the quick start jar into its own directory and renamed it "adep-author-4502.jar".

I started the jar.

After the server started I went to the package share and logged in, downloaded "es-sdk-pkg-1.0.186.zip", went to the packages and installed it.

I opened the properties for Flash Builder,

Within Flash Builder I created a new "Flex Project for ADEP Experience Services."

• Application type: Web
              • Under server info I connected to the ADEP server
              • Within the Experience Services step I selected "Composite Application Framework Services" and left Library File Management as it was.
              • I downloaded the ADEP SDK from experience services server and created a directory for it locally.

Inside of the new application I created a new composite application catalog.

I created an MXML component. Inside the component I used the [Tile] annotation.

Looking inside the catalog I can see the MXML component was added as a tile.

I right click the catalog I created and selected Composite Application Framework, Deploy Composite Application Catalog.

At this stage I get the error for the tile I added.

Looking under packages the CAF oriented packages are:

mosaic-sdk-pkg-2.0.82.zip

composite-app-pkg-1.0.38.zip

I am using Flex SDK 4.5.1.

• 4. Re: "Cannot find the following asset(s) referenced in the catalog:" error found in catalog.
                Janice Kendall Community Member

Please use Flex SDK 4.5.0.

And please be sure, after the re-install,  you've not missed any steps such as enabling RDS.  Seems you're not getting the same error now.

Is there a possibilty you have a prereleased version of the FB plugin (AES Tooling)?

- Janice

• 5. Re: "Cannot find the following asset(s) referenced in the catalog:" error found in catalog.
                  gcole techies

I tried the original steps and discovered that there is a bug related to the generation of the catalog zip in the case where the desired stylesheet resides a a package (the handling is only reliable when the CSS is in the root of the project's src folder). The bug results in the message "Cannot find the following assets..." when an attempt to deploy the catalog occurs.

It seems that you have 'reset' your environment in an effort to resolve the issue. If you have recycled the CXML that was present in your original attempt ensure that the reference to the 'stylesheet in a package' is removed. Tiles/interfaces/services and other 'loose assets' do not suffer from this package name limitation.

Using Flex SDK 4.5.1 requires an updated CAF (Mosaic) client runtime (we have not released that yet).

• 6. Re: "Cannot find the following asset(s) referenced in the catalog:" error found in catalog.

I reinstalled Flash Builder and deleted the crx-quickstart folder on the Experience Services so it would rebuild itself.

I am able to deploy the catalog with a tile specified. I created a stylesheet at the top level of the src folder, it was included in the catalog and the catalog deployed.

I am not sure what was causes the problem with the tiles. I saw it reappear briefly. I deleted the project and recreated it and the problem went away.