New Here ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I use:

• Windows 7
  • RH 7

Problem:

I had a working XPJ within a folder, I've been taking the original XPJ files and making a copy of it to apply a new CSS all while keeping the original as a back up. The copied version goes into the SAME folder as the original XPJ as to not mess up anything. I've been doing this for several files no problem. I copied my last one and RH crashed after the copy. Now the original XPJ will open (you see all the files everything) only to have Robohelp crash shortly after, before you can start working on it!

I get the typicall Robohelp 7 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. But there is no solution.

I just hope my fear has not come true I've lost the orignal work!

How can I fix the XPJ to no longer CRASH robohelp?

*I found an OLD OLD back up of this project and I nocticed that my current copy has a .ldb file (looks like a Microsoft Access) file while the old BACK up does not have this file. Could this be the reason why it wont fully open?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2011 Sep 24, 2011

First of all RoboHelp 7 is not supported on Windows 7 and may well have problems.

I am not understanding how you got into this situation. Why would you copy the XPJ file for project into the same folder or indeed why copy it at all? Also what has that got to do with changing the CSS?

The LDB file is created when you open a project as the CPD file is a Microsoft Access database with a special extension. The LDB file is created when any Access database is opened and should be deleted when it is clos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2011 Sep 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all RoboHelp 7 is not supported on Windows 7 and may well have problems.

I am not understanding how you got into this situation. Why would you copy the XPJ file for project into the same folder or indeed why copy it at all? Also what has that got to do with changing the CSS?

The LDB file is created when you open a project as the CPD file is a Microsoft Access database with a special extension. The LDB file is created when any Access database is opened and should be deleted when it is closed. It does no harm if left undeleted. If the project is closed you can delete it.

Now how to get you out of this. It sounds like your way of working with the XPJ is the root cause so you are going to have to try opening the project with the HHP file after deleting both the XPJ file and the CPD. You are going to lose a few things but see Opening Projects on my site for methods of recovering them.

Do let us know why you are working this way so that maybe we can find a better solution.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2011 Sep 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I was able to delete the CPD and open the XPJ, although you were right some thigns were missing. It was much easier to update the OLD OLD back up by coping over the updated pages into the project.

As for the reason of copying the XPJ it was just a way for me to copy the original with out having to duplicate the whole folder.This method has been working till Robohelp froze in the middle of the copy and then basically ruined the original which is what I was attempting to avoid. The adding the CSS has NOTHING to do with it you are correct that was just my new end goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As for the reason of copying the XPJ it was just a way for me to copy the original with out having to duplicate the whole folder.

How does copying an XPJ file duplicate a folder? There is nothing in RoboHelp where you should be copying the XPJ file. It is asking for trouble.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp