• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player PROBLEMS!!!

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to install the new flash player for some time now. I have done the uninstaller and have done the deleting of the macro files and restarted. Then proceed with download and the same thing keeps happening. It starts to download, then gets to the install portion of the program and fails to install!!!! It says " error- application currently in use".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error is signifying that you have another application loaded that is utilizing the Flash Player files.  We can try a few different approaches, but the first and probably the simplest is to try and shut down the offending program.  Could you go to your task bar area, near the clock and close as many of the applications you have running as possible?  This can usually be accomplished by right clicking on the icons and selecting quit.  I suspect one of them is using Flash and we'll need to quit it before continuing.  Let me know if that doesn't work and we'll try something more brute force.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that and tried reinstalling and went to 90% and still says application currently in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2011 Sep 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the installer(s) from the links in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried the direct installer from the link above. I start it and windows shows the Installer/Uninstaller 10.3 r183 has stopped working..... A problems caused the program to stop working correctly. I'm at my wits end with this!!!!! I have done everything that I've read about and tried this and that. I have gotten nowhere but more upset every time I try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your first post you mentioned you ran the uninstaller and then deleted the macromedia folders.  Did the folders delete or did you get an error that they were in use?  Could you post your Flash Player install log, it might give us additional details.

Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows?

Thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2011 Sep 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted the macromedia files with no problem and restarted computer. Still nothing as well as close all programs I can on task bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

=O====== M/10.3.183.10 2011-09-26+23-14-49.575 ========

0000 00000010 "C:\Users\Tre'\AppData\Local\Temp\install_flash_player_ax.exe" -dlm -install

0001 00001025 C:\Users\Tre'\AppData\Local\Temp\B97E.tmp:32

=X====== M/10.3.183.10 2011-09-26+23-14-57.361 ========

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a strong possibility that the apostrophe in the user name (Tre') may be causing this error.

Can you try to run the installer from the standard Administrator account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the administrator account name so I changed the name and still didnt work. So I started a new computer user and changed it to the admin. And downloaded and it worked!!!!!! So now it all works!!!! Changed the admin account back to my original and all is good!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know that Windows also has a builtin Administrator account with that name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines