• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another button query

Aug 29, 2006 Aug 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to the Gurus of RoboHelp HTML x5.

I would be enormously grateful if someone would help me with this little exercise.

This seems like a strange question, but here goes anyway.

I am attempting to open a <filename>.chm file via a button in the footer of the same <filename>.chm.

What currently exists is a <filename>.htm in a <filename>.chm displayed in an application wizard. Then I want to open the <filename>.chm at the first page via a button in the footer of the <filename>.htm displayed in the application wizard.

All help gratefully received
Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean. You have me and at least one other contributor to these forums scratching their heads in a confused state. That's easily done in my case but perhaps you could explain a little more what you are trying to do. Is the <filename> .htm a topic that forms part of your CHM? If so, can't you just link to it from your "application wizard" - whatever that is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean,

If I understand what you are trying to do, it is to open a second instance of the .chm file from the .chm file itself. This would allow users to see two separate topics side by side. This could also be done with a secondary window but that generally wouldn't have a navigation pane. To open a separate instance, you can use a shortcut control, using hh.exe as the program and filename.chm::/topic.htm as the parameter.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 30, 2006 Aug 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

What I am trying to do is, as John has explained alot better than I did, is show 2 HTM topics of the same CHM file at the same time.

Colum, you're right about it opening the chm via a button on the dialog itself, but it was deemed as, "maybe a little confusing". I know that it is possible to display a second topic in a second window, so I thought it must be possible to open a chm file from a button in the footer in a HTM file of the same chm file.

Not unreasonable I thought.

I have tried Johns' suggestion, but I get a BaseApp_ActiveXWrapper dialog appearing, saying "A required resource is unavailable"

Any further comments will be gratefully recevied
Many thanks
Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 30, 2006 Aug 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean,

I haven't ever seen the error you report and can't find any reference to it. Are you able to add other shortcut controls to the footer? For example, try opening Notepad.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2006 Sep 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello John
Thanks for your comment.
I can run a shortcut to Notepad.exe, but the message seems to appear when I reference hh.exe, or the .chm file.

Just a thought I change the topic to appear in a different window from the .chm file, hoping that the Main window would change as an indication it was working.

I don't think this would be the problem, but ???

regards
Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp