• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Highlight Search Results" Search tab in localized WebHelp shows wrong characters (RoboHelp 9)

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested this with several WebHelp skins, including the default, and in French and German.  The "Highlight Search Results" text on the Search tab in WebHelp displays this for Spanish:  "Resaltar resultados de la búsqueda" and this for French:  "Mettre en surbrillance les résultats de la recherche".  I found on some other posts that this is controlled by this file in the output: whfform.htm.  I edited the following line in that file ( gsHiliteSearchTitle = "Resaltar resultados de la búsqueda"), and the WebHelp displays correctly.  However, I will have to do this every time I generate the WebHelp since the file is not in the source files.  I tested this locally and on our Web server, so I don't think it's a problem with UTF-8 on the Web server.  Plus, that is the only place where this happens in the WebHelp.  Everything else is OK.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or should I report a bug?  See screenshot below.

Thanks.

Gina

WebHelp character issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

A RoboHelp engineer sent this to me in an email, which solved the problem:

"Please go to the !Language! folder in your project folder and open es_ES Folder. Open the RoboHHRE.lng file in notepad. Search for "FtsHilitePrompt" variable in the file and see that its value is not corrupted as is in your output."

This is what I did: The RoboHHRE.lng was corrupt (using the spelling "búsqueda" - attached).  I made a copy of the original and renamed it "RoboHHRE_old.lng".  I edited the original file with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2011 Sep 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find that file within the RoboHelp HTML folders within Program Files. If it is, save a copy somewhere safe first. With another copy outside of Program Files, edit it as required and then copy it back. (Permissions will likely stop you editing it while it is within Program Files.)

If it doesn't work, just copy the original back.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, but that didn't work.  I submitted this bug report to Adobe.

******BUG******

Concise problem statement:

Steps to reproduce bug:

1.  Generate WebHelp output with default skin in French and Spanish.

Results:

The "Highlight Search Results" text on the Search tab in WebHelp displays this for Spanish (with strange characters instead of the accent marks for the term "search":  "Resaltar resultados de la búsqueda" and this for French:  "Mettre en surbrillance les résultats de la recherche". 

Expected Results:

The strange characters should not be there; it should show the correct accent marks in the foreign language (e.g., for French, it should be "Résultats", which shows correctly in the last string of the Search tab.

I found on some other posts that this is controlled by this file in the output: whfform.htm.  I edited the following line in that file ( gsHiliteSearchTitle = "Resaltar resultados de la búsqueda"), and the WebHelp displays correctly.  However, I will have to do this every time I generate the WebHelp since the file is not in the source files.  I tested this locally and on our Web server, so I don't think it's a problem with UTF-8 on the Web server.  Plus, that is the only place where this happens in the WebHelp.  Everything else is OK.

I posted this on the RoboHelp user forum at http://forums.adobe.com/message/3935775

However, the suggestion by Peter Grange did not work (he said to look in the RoboHelp source files for the whfform.htm file.  (It only exists in the WebHelp output.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't sure about that one and couldn't check when I posted. Sorry there wasn't an easy solution.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A RoboHelp engineer sent this to me in an email, which solved the problem:

"Please go to the !Language! folder in your project folder and open es_ES Folder. Open the RoboHHRE.lng file in notepad. Search for "FtsHilitePrompt" variable in the file and see that its value is not corrupted as is in your output."

This is what I did: The RoboHHRE.lng was corrupt (using the spelling "búsqueda" - attached).  I made a copy of the original and renamed it "RoboHHRE_old.lng".  I edited the original file with the correct spelling of "search" (búsqueda) in "Resaltar resultados de la búsqueda" and now the WebHelp displays correctly.  (Same with French.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting that.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp