• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't activate on mac 10.7 Lion-Error communicating with server

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed help to remove former install and manually install; tried to sign in and activate get same error as when I also tried "don't authorize andactivate"  which was: Error communicating with  AdobeID server. Try again later. E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY"

I'm getting VERY frustrated with this new LION OS on this mac. I can't use OVERDRIVE media-it won't work, I can't use ADOBE, it won't work. I'm about to take it back to where I bo't couple days ago and go back to iPhone which overdrive ALWAYS works and forget all else!

If ANYONE knows ANY solution, since it seems one can never talk to a LIVE person at ADOBE to get help, I'd sure appreicate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your keychain got messed up.   Go find the "Digital Editions" application password in your keychain and delete it, then either relaunch ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone at library told me to do this, and I went there to keychains and unlocked and looked in login area and there is NO keychain at all for DIGITAL EDITIONS! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are launching ADE make sure to check that the Keychain Authorization Dialog didn't get put up behind ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim not sure what you mean nor how to do this? I see no ADE IN KEYCHAIN either? Please explain in more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way that it is supposed to go, is that when you Launch ADE for the first time, there is a system dialog that supposed to come up and ask you for your login password, so that ADE can get access to the keychain to add the "Digital Editions" password entry. 

If you cancel out of that dialog, or don't enter in the password, then you will get the "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY" error.

Make sure that when you launch ADE that this dialog doesn't come up behind ADE  (minimize ADE).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help but I never saw the login password and looked behind the ADE window and did not see it either, thus it never showed in keychain and got that error. I've since given up on that new Mac(laptop) with Lion and returned for credit, and on old Snow Leopard Desktop mac WAS able to download and install ADE, so will use there. I would say your answer was correct, only I never could get it to work, but thank you anyway for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry you couldn't get it to work.   Just fyi .  I'm running 10.7.1 and ADE is running fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines