Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spell Check trouble in RH 8.0.2.208

Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After not using my installation of RoboHelp for 5 months, my automatic spellcheck is red-underlining perfectly ordinary, correctly spelled words (such as 'template'). If it weren't for the subsequently discovered problem, I'd just try to turn off the spell-check-as-you-go.

I thought a roundabout way to just make this go away would be to run spell check and just 'Add' any wrongly caught words to the dictionary.

Not only are there no suggestions for many of the wrongly caught words, but the Add button simply doesn't work.

RH thinks words like 'template' and 'enlarge' are spelled incorrectly, and won't let me Add them? Doesn't seem right.

Do I have a dictionary file that became uninstalled or something like that?

Thanks,

Lew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that your default language has changed.

(On the Tools menu, click Options. In the General settings section, verify that your default language is correct.)

(On the File menu, click Project Settings. In the General tab, verify that your default language is correct.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have seen this reported here a number of times with RoboHelp 8 and I have seen it myself. There's no real fix other than sitting back and waiting. The problem seems to go away albeit it might take quite a while. I suspect the fix comes with various Adobe updates as the dictionary is shared.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, didn't mean to tread on the other reply. I got interrupted while replying and hadn't seen the language suggestion.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Absolutely_CHMing and Peter. I did check Project Settings, and found it set correctly, for US English. Upon this suggestion, I checked Tools>Options>General, and also found that set correctly.

The only thing I can think of is that I MAY have seen the Language setting in a Topic Properties dialog, and poked at it. However, I know I set it correctly, if I actually touched it at all. My current Topic and all the others I've checked at random are set to US English.

I kind of like the idea that it may just go away...hopefully soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp