• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help Installing Flash player 10.3 for firefox. It stops at 50%

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have Windows Vista Basic Home, I tried updating my Flash version in firefox because it was out of date, but everytime it start downloading it , then I get the a message that says "Error " Appliation in use."  I uninstalled it and followed all the suggestions on the websites nothing is working. I even  uninstall google chrome thinking it was the problem but I'm still having that problem so I really don't know what to do because now the only place Flash player is installed seems to be Google chrome that I had to redoawload, but everywhere else tells me that I need to install it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstalling, can you go into your c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash folder and list out the files in there?  If you OS is 64 bit, then you'll need to look in C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the files that are present in the folder are :

FlashInstall  and NPSWF32.dll

there's nothing else in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the uninstaller from http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html - make sure no browser is running during that time.

Did that remove NPSWF32.dll ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried downloading the uninstaller alread but everytime I get an error message that tell me that it's not a valid file format so I can even download it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means the download is corrupted; keep trying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been at it since yesterday and it's still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE-RE-RE REPITO, NO ENTIENDO NADA DE INGLES, PARA ESTE IDIOMA SOY COMPLETAMENTE NULA, POR FAVOR TODOS LOS MENSAJES, NOTAS, ECT., MANDEN EN ESPAÑOL.

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:13:29 -0600

To: hidaka-elisa@hotmail.com

Subject: Need help Installing Flash player 10.3 for firefox. It stops at 50%

Re: Need help Installing Flash player 10.3 for firefox. It stops at 50%

created by Kpiebo in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

I have been at it since yesterday and it's still not working.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2011 Oct 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why i don't even speak spanish.

@sinsvirus yo no hable espanol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2011 Oct 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sinvirus wrote:

RE-RE-RE REPITO, NO ENTIENDO NADA DE INGLES, PARA ESTE IDIOMA SOY COMPLETAMENTE NULA, POR FAVOR TODOS LOS MENSAJES, NOTAS, ECT., MANDEN EN ESPAÑOL.

You have to unsubscribe from this topic if you don't want to receive any more notifications (in English); go to http://forums.adobe.com/user-notification-preferences!input.jspa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it sounds like fiefox is running in the background while your attempting a flash player install.  try saving the file locally, meaning save the installer to your desktop or similar.  quit all appications and make sure your, via task manager, firefox application is not running.  if firefox.exe is listed in the running process, quit or force quit the app.  when you know that firefox is no longer open, double click the installer and follow the prompts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

por favor que todo lo que me comunique y/o pregute sea en español, no entiendo nada de ingles. gracias, señorita Chris..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no respodí, porque no sé nada de ingles, no entendí la pregunta ni nada escrito en ese idioma. gracias y Bendiciones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem and i gets those same file after uninstalling flash player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could not install said internet explorer was running with add ons disabled . enabled them still said they were disabled and would not go over 50%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also tried with firefox after downloading that it still stopped at 50%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the installers from the links in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had this probelm to and i done all these, then i try downloading and installing it in safemode with networking and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines