Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see the map ids although they exist in the map.h file

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating a context sensitive help file using Robohelp 9.

I have a map file (map.h) with all the map ids. However, when I import the map file into RoboHelp, and open the file for editing, some of the map ids are not visible in the "Edit Map ID" dialog. For example, map id: "1120" is not visible in the "Edit Map IDs" dialog, although it is present in the map.h file.

Due to this reason, I am unable to assign a topic to the map id. When I try to create a map id with the same number, a message is displayed as "Map ID already exists".

Is there a way to make all the map ids visible? How do I get to see all the map ids.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Hello Patpreeth,

I would suggest here to create a new map file with that particular topic and test if the issue is reproducible or not. This will narrow down the issue whether there is any issue with the map file or with the map topic name?

Regards

Swaraj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Patpreeth,

I would suggest here to create a new map file with that particular topic and test if the issue is reproducible or not. This will narrow down the issue whether there is any issue with the map file or with the map topic name?

Regards

Swaraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Swaraj,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I found the issue. There were multiple map ids with the same map number. Due to this reason, the first instance (or rather in alphabetical order) of the map id is shown in the "Edit Map ID" window. So, I picked only those map ids that are used for the HTML topics, placed them in a new file and opened it in RoboHelp. The map ids were displayed and I could assign the specific topics.

Regards,

Patrecia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a quick thought for the future, Patpreeth. RoboHelp has a lot of useful Reports including:

1. Map IDs
  2. Duplicate Map IDs
  3. Topic Properties which shows if a topic has been assigned a Map ID.

You create these reports "on the fly" with the Tools > Reports command

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp