------------foo API2

------------foo API2

------Webservices API documentation

---------Foo

------------FooAPI1

------------FooAPI2

------------FooAPI2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The path to an API in Foo in the auto-generated files, such as in whdata, should be: /product_apis/xyz/webservices/Foo.

However, the path in the the auto-generated files changes to /product_apis/xyz/webservices/foo/

(note 'Foo' changes to 'foo')

Since Linux is case-sensitive, these API links do not work in Linux.

I have replaced all such instances by using a search and replace tool.

But this is only temporary.

How do I make sure the files maintain the correct case of the filepath or foldernames

Thanks and regards,

PT

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In RoboHelp when you examine your single source layout recipe there is an option for forcing all lower case when you generate the layout. Unfortunately my crystal ball is broken and my psychic skills are below par, so I cannot tell what version of RoboHelp you are using. If I knew that, I could tell you exactly where to find the option to see if it's been enabled or not.

Another thing that's a tad confusing is to ask if you are simply referring to what is shown in the TOC or topics or if you are just asking about file names.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I forgot to mention that.

The RoboHelp version is 7.01

Thanks,

Panchamee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing that's a tad confusing is to ask if you are simply referring to what is shown in the TOC or topics or if you are just asking about file names

>>>> I am not worried about the TOC or the topics names.

The worry is how the filepath is generated and the case change; I get to see these filepaths in the files present inside whdata, whgdata and whxdata.

Hope I have answered your question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

In RoboHelp 7 if you examine the properties of your Single Source Layout recipe, look near the top of the first page of the dialog. There is where you see the option for lower case file names.

tmp1.PNG

Actually, this option is intended to PREVENT things from going haywire when you publish. When it's enabled, the process of generating WebHelp ensures all file names are lower case. But it also ensures all links are amended to lower case so it will prevent broken links from occurring.

I'm confused as to your mention of what's inside the whdata, whgdata and whxdata files. These are auto generated by RoboHelp and there should never be a need to muck about with any of them. If you are, perhaps that's part of the issue?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, got it.

Thanks Rick!!

I could figure out why the links are breaking by knowing that the filapaths are being generated in all lowercase; I got to know about this by examining the auto-generated files. That's about it.

Thanks again

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 22:02:50 +0530 wrote

Re: Webhelp forcefully generating files with lowercase filepath

created by Captiv8r in WebHelp - View the full discussion

Hello again In RoboHelp 7 if you examine the properties of your Single Source Layout recipe, look near the top of the first page of the dialog. There is where you see the option for lower case file names.  http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-3942922-84647/318-346/tmp1.PNG  Actually, this option is intended to PREVENT things from going haywire when you publish. When it's enabled, the process of generating WebHelp ensures all file names are lower case. But it also ensures all links are amended to lower case so it will prevent broken links from occurring. I'm confused as to your mention of what's inside the whdata, whgdata and whxdata files. These are auto generated by RoboHelp and there should never be a need to muck about with any of them. If you are, perhaps that's part of the issue?  Cheers... Rick   http://www.robowizard.com/pc.gif Helpful and Handy LinksRoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting FormBegin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within

the day!Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML TrainingSorcerStone BlogRoboHelp eBooks

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in WebHelp by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp