Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I’m confused by Export Settings->Match Sequence Settings

Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve created three sample sequences that are all NTSC 720x480 16.9, but each has a different Fields setting (Lower, Upper, and No Fields).  When Exporting (File->Export->Media), the CS5 manual states the following for the Match Sequence Settings feature:

To automatically export a file from a Premiere Pro sequence with settings that exactly match the settings for that sequence, select Match Sequence Settings in the Export Settings dialog box.

I’m confused what it is doing because when selected, it always sets the Field Type to Lower, even when the sequence is set to Upper or No Fields.  However, using a Match Source Attributes Preset, when available, the Field Type will indeed match the sequence’s Fields setting.  Also, the Match Sequence Settings wasn’t even available when the sequence was set to Lower Fields.

I did read in one of the forums where it was mentioned that checking the Match Sequence Settings will match the sequence's Preview File settings.  If this is true, I don’t see where one can set the Field of Preview Files.

If anyone could shed some light on this issue, I’d be most grateful.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple answer: don't use Match Sequence Settings. It really doesn't produce very useful output in almost all circumstances. Rarely will you want to use your preview codec for output--and even if you do, you can still dial it in manually.

You'll typically get OK results by using the presets that match source attributes, if available; sounds like you were exporting using MPEG2-DVD. In that case, you can select one of the "Match" presets and then tweak if necessary. But for the most part, ignore Match Sequence Settings altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin.  I will do as you suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused about how to create a project setting as well as Export setting. I have few videos with width 640 & height 360.  Frame rate is 29 FPS. In project setting Frame Size i used 640 by 360 & pixel aspect ration is square pixel (1.0) . after i finish with editing i wanna to export in movie so in export setting i click on Match Sequence then render starts with 50% video quality i wanna to make that 100% but option is disable so what to do?

If I don't click on match Sequence then render will come in default size that is 720x480 . In this video quality comes 100%.

I am totally confuse kindly Help in this case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

"Match Sequence Settings" uses the same settings for export that the sequence uses for preview files.  Uncheck that box.

I think the function is poorly named, and the help files are not very helpful regarding what the feature actually does.

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

should be noted that things have changed in Premiere since the original post in 2011. for those reading this now I would recommend reading this article: FAQ: How do I speed up rendering, exporting, or encoding?

and unleash the power of smart rendering, use previews and match sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines