• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFB2 Code Assist and Firefox/IE browsing not working

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither the code assist function or browser preview tabs for Firefox and IE work at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CFB2 several times with no luck. The localhost server is running fine and the pages display when I enter the URL's manually into a browser.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hijack your thread billb...

I have the same problem. I notice the same question has been asked as far back as 2009 and never an answer! How disappointing!

ColdFusion Studio 5 was a many times better product than builder. How disappointing!

ColdFusion Studio 5 will not run on windows 7. How disappointing!

It seems I wasted my bosses money on Builder.

Come on Adobe, support your product!

-signed a loyal CF user and avid supporter for over a decade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lyndon,

I think I may have solved this issue. I'm using WAMP but installed CF using it's Jrun server.

I created a New ColdFusion Project, gave it a name and then unchecked "Use Default Location" and then browsed to my C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\newprojectname, selected localhost under the servers tab and then hit finish.After creating a New ColdFusion page, the code assist worked within the page and I was able to successfully view the page in both the CFB2 window and external browsers.
Update note: Code assist is still buggy, sometimes work, sometimes doesn't.

I'm using the CFB2 trial but so far, I'm not all that impressed with CFB2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"ColdFusion Studio 5 was a many times better product than builder"  *giggle*

Have you called Adobe for support?  This is a community forum. Occasionally Adobe people pop in here to help, but the point of this forum is for community members to help community members. Adobe has support support resources available for you if you want to work with them directly. http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/?issue=myOptions_dlinst

And before you get all hopped up and indignent about having to pay for support just to use a product you bought, in my experience, Adobe typically offers free support for getting software installed properly. So if this is an installation issue, which in some cases it may be, then you have nothing to worry about. But you cannot expect Adobe to teach you how to use the software for free.

Clearly this posters problem was outside of ColdFusion Builder and Adobe can hardly be called out for not supporting their product in this case. If you, Lyndon, are still having a problem getting ColdFusion Builder working then you should properly ask for some help, either from this community with a little more information or from Adobe directly.  No one can help you if you don't ask for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using it for four months. After an hour or so code assist stops working. I've called adobe support many times on this issue and they are no help. They simply insist it should be working. If you google this problem it has been going on for a long time.

Most of their responses reminding me of your response, many words and opinions but no ideas on what might fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd be happy to help, but you have not offered any information other than that it is the same problem as this user was experiencing, but clearly, it is not.

There are a lot of things that could be tried. What have you tried so far?

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation