• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio In After Effects CS5.5(Even after rendering)

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have the After Effects CS5.5 Trial Version installed. I am running into a bad audio problem. For the first 2 days I have used it, the audio was fine, it played automatically and I didn't even have to render first to get it. Then, the third day, I got on that day and the audio jsut flat out didnt work. I did look it up on the forums and google, and nothing helped. I have tried rendering(with audio), using different video files and clips, and even reinstaling the trial. Nothing worked. The RAM Preview plays sound fine, and when I double-tap "L", the soundwaves do show, and they are accurate when played on the preview. I have tried WMV, AVI, and mp4 files, none of which have worked. I can edit and add effects and import picture and other files fine, but the audio simply doesnt work. I can't get audio by playing it normally.

I know it is not usual to ask questions about the trial, or to even have them answered, but this is important because I want to buy After Effects CS5.5, and before I do, I need to know if this is a computer problem, or if I did something to mess up the program, or if there is even a way to solve it. I don't want to buy it and realize I can't even use it with audio for some reason.

P.S. I am fairly new to this, so if you blast me with some complex, in-depth instructions, please try to make it rather simple, or just explain it well.

Thank You and sorry for the inconvenience,

Chris Madaras

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

>  I can't get audio by playing it normally.

You said that audio played when you used RAM preview. That is how you play audio.

See this:

"FAQ: How can I play or preview sound (audio)?"

...and this:

"FAQ: Why is there no audio (sound) in my output file?"

Since you're new to After Effects, I very strongly recommend that you work your way through the materials here:

"Getting started with After Effects"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>  I can't get audio by playing it normally.

You said that audio played when you used RAM preview. That is how you play audio.

See this:

"FAQ: How can I play or preview sound (audio)?"

...and this:

"FAQ: Why is there no audio (sound) in my output file?"

Since you're new to After Effects, I very strongly recommend that you work your way through the materials here:

"Getting started with After Effects"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I'm so sorry, I thought that since it said "Preview" that for some reason it basically meant I could play the audio on the After Effects program, but if I were to export the video to maybe a disc or try and upload it to a website, that the audio wouldn't work.I'm sorry, but thank you very much for clearing that up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines