• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I assign my default settings in Publish?

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Each time when we publish, we need to assign some parameters again.

For example,  I need to change Flash Player Version from "Flash Player 10" (default) to "Flash Player 9"

and change eLearning output from "None" to "SCORM 2004" (Enable Quiz/reporting then choose SCORM and set Manifest).

Can I assign these default settings in Publish? (Because they don't exist in Preferences)

I suppose I can modify these default values in some external files - xml, ini, etc.

Hope somebody can suggest.

Thanks.

Joseph

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

OK.  Now THAT makes more sense.

What you need to do is set up Captivate templates that can be used to initiate all new projects.

A template file is a CPTL file, not a CP or CPTX file.

In Captivate 4 you could set up a project with all the settings you liked and then save it as a CPTL.

In Captivate 5 you don't have this option by default anymore, so you need to start a new CPTL and set everything up the way you want, then use this CPTL to generate new CPTX files. However, Lilybiri says you can just c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you assign these settings to a project file they should stick.

Are you saying that your project files do not retain these publish settings, or just that when you initiate a new project file you have to set them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Not stick to a project only but the global setting instead.

We have 11 people in authoring Captivate contents and will always need to create many new projects.

We need to publish the content into LMS but somebody will forget to set all required settings when publish.

Thanks.

Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  This seems a lttle weird to me.  All of my Captivate versions (I have 4 of them currently on my system) allow me to save the publish settings inside the project files.  When I open up the project file next time to publish again, the same settings as used last time to publish are remembered.

There must be something you are not telling us.

What versions of Captivate are you using?

Are you using template (cptl) files?

Where are the source project files being accessed from?  E.g. are they being accessed on the developer's local hard drive or are they being accessed from a remote LAN drive?

Is your IT setup using virtual My Documents folders and virtual profiles that might be preventing Captivate from installing or working as it would on a normal standalone computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I need to mofidy my saying.

We installed CP5.5 in each standalone computer without using any external share storage.

So it's true. The setting will be preserved in same project.

However, we want to have a method to pre-set publish setting.

So whenever we create a new project, its default publish settings must be Flash Player 9 (in Flash Player version) and SCORM 2004 (in eLearning output).

Thanks.

preferred_default_setting_in_new_project.jpg

Thanks

Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Now THAT makes more sense.

What you need to do is set up Captivate templates that can be used to initiate all new projects.

A template file is a CPTL file, not a CP or CPTX file.

In Captivate 4 you could set up a project with all the settings you liked and then save it as a CPTL.

In Captivate 5 you don't have this option by default anymore, so you need to start a new CPTL and set everything up the way you want, then use this CPTL to generate new CPTX files. However, Lilybiri says you can just change the file ending from CPTX to CPTL and it should work.  I'm a little suspicious that it would be that easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In summary,

1. Create the template (*.cptl) for reuse.

Execute "File \ New Project \ Project Template"

2. Whenever create a new project (*.cptx), create it based on the template.

Execute "File \ New Project \ Project From Template"

Thanks a lot.

Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources