• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Heading 1 after index in printed output in ROBOHELP 8

Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In ROBOHELP 8 after the printed output has completed (standard order , title, TOC, chapters, glossery, index) there appears a blank line of heading 1 after the index.

This is not a problem with the standard template but if a style is used where headers are numbered and highlighted with different coloiurs the line loooks odd. The number also gets included in the TOC as a blank entry.

Is there any way to stop this heading line being created?

Regards

Dave White

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

If you do find an answer, please post a link back here.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can happen if you have background shading in the style and it is the full width of the page, you get the background behind the heading text and on the line above the page break. If that is the problem, it is a Word issue and you will get it in documents created in Word using the same styles.

I got around it by leaving the style as I wanted in the online help but reducing the shading in the Word template to being just behind the text.

If that is not it, then please add a screenshot.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick answer.

After investigating your reply (in Word forums) it certainly seams like it is related to a  WORD and not ROBOHELP problem.

Sadly I cannot fix it in the way you suggest as the format for WORD documents is closely defined by my customer.

I will continue to search for the solution on WORD forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do find an answer, please post a link back here.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp