• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player installation problem

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One day I went to watch a video on my computer and it told me that I needed to download Adobe Flash Player. I already had Adobe Flash Player on my computer so I couldn't figure out why it was telling me that I needed to download it. I went to search for it on my programs list, but it was nowhere to be found. So basically, it disappeared. I uninstalled it from the "Add/Remove Programs" area...because that was the only place it could be found. I could only find the uninstall file. So, I uninstalled, rebooted, tried to reinstall by directly downloading from the site as well as saving the file to a temp. location and attempting to install. I started getting messages that said I needed to download the newer version, but when I tried to do that, it kept repeating the same message. After I fiddled with the "disabling Active X controls", and setting the "Trusted Sites" and "Internet" levels to medium (this was one of the solutions listed in the troubleshooting section), disabling Norton before installing....nothing works. Now I am getting a message telling me that I already have Adobe Flash Player installed on my computer. HOWEVER, I do NOT...I haven't been able to find it anywhere, and I still cannot play any videos. I'm going crazy trying to figure this out....for a week, now. I don't know what to do and it's really annoying. If anyone has any clue as to what is going on, or has an idea of something different to try, please share. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another forum post by ElecProf led me to download Flash Player 11 and things are working, so far....I wonder if Flash Player 10 is just getting thrown out and perhaps that's what caused problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines