10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2011 12:27 AM by Noel Carboni RSS

[help] 3D - Photoshop

Pedro Filho Community Member

Hello,

Where I can download the 3D card for photoshop?

I'm really wanting to, I have works to do...

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Pedro Filho

• 1. Re: [help] 3D - Photoshop
          Noel Carboni Community Member

Not sure anyone will know what you mean...

Is "the 3D card for Photoshop" something you've seen somewhere?  Is it a digital model of a playing card or something?

-Noel

• 2. Re: [help] 3D - Photoshop

Sorry for the mistake.

A while ago I asked why some 3D tools in Photoshop do not work. And any user who does not currently remember the name, but he said need a kind of card or something like that ...

I hope you understand now.

3d.png

• 3. Re: [help] 3D - Photoshop
              Silkrooster CommunityMVP

I am betting they meant video card. according to your menu, you can do 3d. Repousse is greyed out because you don't have any text selected. Try the 3d postcard from layer or the new shape from layer. These will create a 3d object. The former will turn your image into a flat card in 3d space, and the latter will create 3d objects.

• 4. Re: [help] 3D - Photoshop

No. I select a text layer, and even so the tool Repoussé remains greyed.

HELP!

• 5. Re: [help] 3D - Photoshop
                  Silkrooster CommunityMVP

Perhaps it is your preferences, set incorrectly.

Look at Performance and make sure Enable OpenGL Drawing is marked. While here, click on the advanced Settings button and see which mode is selected. Changing this mode may help...

Now look at Edit>Preferences>3D and make sure this area is not greyed out. Changing these settings may help.

At the moment I am thinking OpenGL drawing is not checked.

• 6. Re: [help] 3D - Photoshop

Yes, indeed OpenGL is disabled. I know what the problem is, I still have no video card. Soon I will buy a and my problem will be solved.

Thank you very much for your attention my friend.

Best regards,

Pedro Filho - Pedro Design

• 7. Re: [help] 3D - Photoshop

I don't know if you have one on order, but one I find works very well for me is the VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 5670 with 1 GB DDR5 memory.  Since I got mine they've released a newer 6670 model, which is slightly updated but with nearly the same specs, and which I would look seriously at if I were buying a new card right now.

-Noel

• 8. Re: [help] 3D - Photoshop
                        Martinseid

hi, i read your postings and i wonder if you could tell me what could improve the performance of 3d - Photoshop more, should i add more RAM to my computer or should i buy a better graphics card ?

Sorry if this might not be the right spot to ask, i am new to this forum ... i have 4 MB Ram and an ATI Radeon HD 5550 Graphics Card

• 9. Re: [help] 3D - Photoshop
                          Silkrooster CommunityMVP

Martinseid wrote:

hi, i read your postings and i wonder if you could tell me what could improve the performance of 3d - Photoshop more, should i add more RAM to my computer or should i buy a better graphics card ?

Sorry if this might not be the right spot to ask, i am new to this forum ... i have 4 MB Ram and an ATI Radeon HD 5550 Graphics Card

I hope thats 4 GB of RAM and not 4MB of ram. Or you really do need to upgrade.

• 10. Re: [help] 3D - Photoshop

It's impossible to know what your bottleneck may be without more information.

Have you run any benchmarks on your computer system?  A decent one, which lists performance for your various subsystems separately and allows you to compare with other computers around the world, is the Passmark package.

-Noel