• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player keeps crashing my computer

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2011 Aug 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an auto update of Flash Player 10.3.183.7. Right after this update when i went to a site running flash the page would freeze, and i couldn't do anything

because everything was froze. After about 30 seconds i get the blue screen it says flash player plugin container is the cause. It dose this on any page running flash. I uninstalled and reinstalled, that did not help at all. I turned the hardware accelerator to none, like i read in adobe forum, this didn't help ether.

I tried to go back to the version before this, but when i go to a site with flash, it says i need the most current version of flash player. a few times it froze i was able to open the task manager and the flash player plug-in container was maxing out the CPU, and the memory.

I have a AMD Phenom II X4 quad core 3.5 GHz, and 8GB memory, windows XP SP3, Nivida GeForce 260GTX OC HD video card. I'm using Firefox 6.0.1

This also happens when i use Internet Explorer 8.0.6 I first thought this was a browser problem i was using Firefox 3.6.18

I currently have Flash Player uninstalled. So How do I stop this from crashing my computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2011 Aug 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating your graphics drivers (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx) then try again with Hardware Acceleration enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have the latest Nvidia driver update I got the update around 2 weeks before the flash update

the problem started right after the flash update.

this is also happening on my daughter's new computer. Her flash player updated yesterday, now her

computer is crashing when ever she goes to justin tv or ustream and it freezes when she goes to

youtube, but doesn't crash. mine dose the same thing. her computer is running windows 7 ultimate.

with an AMD Phenom II x6 a 6 core cpu 3.2Ghz and 16GB memory and ATI 5900 HD graphics she uses the latest Firefox, and chrome.

this is clearly the flash player causing this. we just need to get it to stop crashing our computers.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something quite extreme, and I have never heard of such a thing.  With Hardware Acceleration disabled, the computer should never crash!

Please follow these steps to diagnose and report the problem to Adobe: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83952.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have been having HORRIBLE problems with the latest incarnation of Flash Player. I am showing version 10.3.183.5, running on Google Chrome and Firefox. I have Windows 7 64-bit. The problems started today after a Flash update. Flash will run for a while just fun, then I get the message that "Flash plug-in is not responding". I have to kill my web browser and restart it. Nothing seems to make it work again except for a reboot of my computer. Something is wrong with so many people having issues after this latest update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bearcatnat wrote:

I am showing version 10.3.183.5, running on Google Chrome and Firefox.

The latest Flash Player version is 10.3.183.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That version is not available for Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then why does the thread about 10.3.183.7 say this:

Google Chrome users

Until Google Chrome is updated with the latest version, advanced users can manually change the version of Flash Player by following this KB article:

I am a developer, designer, or advanced user that creates or tests Flash content. How can I run debu...

When I attempt to click "Download Flash Player" in Chrome from here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

I get this message:

"Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. - I was able to get 10.3.183.7 installed in Firefox, and it seems to be causing the same issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having many issues with Flash Player version 10.3.183.7 since a very recent update. My computer is only about 6 weeks old or so. Have Firefox 6.02 on Windows 7 (64bit). Right after recent Flash update, every single time I try to view any web page using Flash, within a minute the browser will freeze. I can't view other tabs or windows, it's all completely frozen. No error message, and the only way to unfreeze it is to ctrl+alt+delete to get to Task Manager and force it to close FF. This is VERY annoying. I have a lot of blogs and most of them use Flash in some way and it's making it next to impossible for me to post...let alone just view any web pages that utilize Flash.

There are a lot of people experiencing this problem with this version of Flash. A simple Google search shows many results of people with the same problem. And many who have tried to revert to an older version of Flash have met with no success because those pages display a message saying the newest version is needed. Uninstalling and reinstalling seems to be pointless too. I've also deslected hardware acceleration and it changes nothing. So what are we to do? Flash is used on more websites than it's not...so this is no small problem. Seems to me if this version doesn't work they need to get rid of it and stick with one that does. But still, in the meantime, we're all just stuck with no ability to view any web page that uses Flash. Swell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having problems with Flash Player version 10.3.183.7, in the past day or so. Also using Firefox 6.0.2, though I've since tried this with the Standalone Player, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. I'm using Windows XP 32-bit. I also tried downloading archived flash player versions (9 and 10.1) and they had similar problems.

Most flash applications will cause the browser to lock up, sometimes temporarily and sometimes permanenely (having to close it through the Windows Task Manager). In the case where the browser does not permanently lock up, the flash application stops playing within the first 2-3 frames.

Examples include: http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/multimedia/en_us/get/flash/flash_animation.swf

Here's my relevent system information...

System:

Microsoft Windows XP

Professional

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

Computer:

Intel(R) Core(TM)

i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30 GHz

3.29 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM

Motherboard:

MSI H64M-P23 (B3)

Model MS-7680

Audio:

VIA High Definition Audio

Driver Date: 9/27/2010

Driver Version: 6.0.1.8800

Graphics:

AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

Catalyst Version 11.7

Provider AMD Technologies Inc.

2D Driver Version 6.14.10.7206

Direct3D Version 6.14.10.0847

OpenGL Version 6.14.10.10907

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Flash player keeps causing the video drivers/card to go into an "infinite loop", according to the blue screen that comes right after everything freezes for few seconds. This happens on Chrome and Opera both, and on two computers after installing the new Flash player, and browsing some Flash content.

Intel DB65AL

Intel i3-2100

Radeon HD 5670 1GB

Windows Xp & 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2011 Sep 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue, I just rebuilt my computer a few weeks ago.  In addition to new components I upgraded from Vista 64 bit to Win 7 64 bit.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz
Mainboard: MSI P67A-GD53 SLI
Mem: 8 GB Patriot DDR3 1600MHz
HDD: 2x150GB / 2x75GB 10K RPM in Raid 0
Video: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB

I've tried IE9, Firefox, Chrome - they all completely freeze my system after about 10 to 15 minutes of browsing the internet.  Nothing else will freeze my system, I can play games just fine or do anything else on my computer.

Today I even did another clean install just to see what would happen and sure enough - as soon as flash was used/installed my browser froze shortly after.

I have another Win 7 64 bit system that works perfectly fine with flash so I am at a complete loss as to what the problem is.  Here are the specs of the working system:

Intel(R) Coreâ„¢ i3-530 2.93 GHz

Asus P7H55 Intel H55 Express Chipset DDR3

4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1333MHz

320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you guys are encountering these hangs.  Could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  When reporting the bug, please attach your dxdiag report (system, video and audio sections are the most important.)  Please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.  I'll also follow up with this internally.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.  I will post back with the URL once it becomes available.

I was going to post a crash log but google chrome is my main browser and doesn't seem to be logging the crashes.  Its not as if flash is crashing within chrome (or other browsers) but rather flash IS crashing chrome which also freezes my computer.  Right now I am typing this on my working computer because I uninstalled all browsers from my new system.

I have had to restart it so many times I'm afraid to continue using a browser on it for fear it will eventually cause permanent damage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2011 Sep 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris do you know when I am supposed to get the URL from the bug submission?

I haven't gotten any confirmation and I have no way to check the status of the bug report.

By the way I downgraded back to IE8 without flash installed and am still experiencing lockups.  Is there a program to completely purge all flash files from my system without having to do another clean install?

Tonight I also tried using an older video driver to see if that was the issue.  I used the driver disc that came with my card which is 266.44 (latest version is 280.26).  At first it seemed like it was going to work but after about a half hour of browsing the system locked up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tialian,

Because the bug was marked as a crash, we do not make it publicly viewable for security reasons.  I'm sorry for misleading you to think that you'd get a bug number/url.  It's a new system and I keep forgetting that rule.  I did however verify that the bug was indeed in the system ("Flash Player keeps crashing my computer") and it is under investigation.  Thank you again for entering this.

As for removing all Flash files from your system, I'd recommend the following.  If anyone has additional suggestions, please chime in:

1. Uninstall Flash Player using the Uninstall utility: Uninstall Flash Player | Windows

2. Reboot your system

3. Delete the following folders:

• C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player
  • C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris, I tried that but I am still getting browser lockups.

I searched my registry and there are still several flash files in there but I'm not going to risk experimenting.

Hopefully when Flash 11 is released soon it will include a fix for this dilema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a very close to final build of Flash Player 11 available now.  You can gab it here: Flash Player 11 RC

I'd definitely recommend trying it out and letting us know if it still crashes for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2011 Sep 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have some unfortunate news.

I killed my CPU.

What was happening is my system would freeze up after about 15-30 minutes.  At first it was only happening with internet browsers and for the longest time I thought it was a bug with flash.

Come to find out after a clean install without anything else installed but the basic drivers I was still getting lockups.

Cracking open my case I found out I had not seated my CPU fan properly, not only that but the CPU fan that comes with the processor isn't very good at all.  After properly seating my CPU fan I booted the system back up, but I'm afraid the damage has been done.

Long story short, another $250 spent at newegg (i5 2500K + proper CPU cooler).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2011 Sep 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's no fun at all.  Sorry to hear about your loss.  Good luck with the new CPU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my new processor is installed and I am up and running again.

The good news is my computer performs amazingly and my cpu cooler is definitely sufficient.

The bad news is I am still experiencing issues with browsers.

Its not as bad as before though, now I am getting occasional complete lockups; but mostly temporary lockups that last a few seconds to maybe 30 seconds.

I'm still suspecting flash is the issue.  One big concern here is that the new Battlefield 3 launches from a browser, which is going to make it real annoying when the system suddenly randomly freezes simply because a browser is open.  I've already experienced this in the open beta but I can't really tell at this point whether its the browser or the game (it is a beta afterall).

Other games don't experience hang ups of course, but then again the other games don't need a browser to be open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you may have posted this earlier, but I don't want to read through all 27 posts in this topic: what browser & version are you using?

There must be a reason for these freezes; can you check your Event Logs if there is any indication what could be causing it?  (Using the date/time when it happened last.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure who you're talking to so I'll take a shot with an answer...since I'd really like resolution to this.

I am using Firefox 7.0.1 If I try to watch a YT video, use the Flash uploader on any of my blogs, or do just about anything else on any website using Flash, my browser freezes completely and I have to open the Task Manager and force the browser to quit. I just updated Flash on October 2...whatever update that was is the version I have. My graphics drivers were updated over a week ago. I've tried disabling the graphics acceleration and that has no effect.

I don't know how to check Event Logs. If you tell me how I'd be glad to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines