• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter Publication Won't Play

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have published my Adobe Presenter recording. Everything seems fine, but it hangs on loading and never plays. All I see is the Presenter logo with the loading spinner.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this?  I have published dozens before without this problem.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

If I save the Presentation as a PPT instead of a PPTX it seems to work fine for me. As a PPTX it failed to publish. I haven't sorted out why the PPTX isn't publishing correctly, but the PPT save as seems to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Just to see if there was something on the first slide causing a problem, I deleted the first two slides and republished my slides with Presenter. Now the flash video loads, but it only plays the audio on the first two slides (no slide image), and none of the other slide audios will play.  The slides look blank on the video, but the thumbnails on the table on the side are all there.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using Presenter 7.0.7 (latest) version? If not then you can downlaod trail from Adobe site. You can later serailize Adobe Presenter 7.0.7 with 7.0 serial Key. Publish with new Presenter and see if it works.

As you said in previous post that you had published many presentation before without any issues. So, it seem that we need to see this particular presentation.

Please share the prestation with us. Because from post we are not getting what was on first slide that caused problem and why video behaving like this. After looking at presentation we can know the answer.

Regards,

Shubhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Presenter 7.06.  The way Adobe is offering the upgrade makes 7.0.7 unavailable to me. My copy of Presenter is licensed as part of the Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. The license number therefore does not work on the download and install from the Adobe site. If this upgrade were as done in the past, then I could upgrade.

I am not aware of a way to attach a file to the forum messages.  I will post one of the failed Presenter outputs and post a link in another reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a 5 slide presentation produced by Presenter. It never opens or if it opens, I get no visual but audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a public link to the PPT file. Here is a link to the zip file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I save the Presentation as a PPT instead of a PPTX it seems to work fine for me. As a PPTX it failed to publish. I haven't sorted out why the PPTX isn't publishing correctly, but the PPT save as seems to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downlaoded the Published output shared by you. In that publish output there are no slide swf. It seems that Presentation don't publish properly.

Secondly, please share Resource folder of PPTX along with PPTX; resource folder will be located in same location where PPTX is saved and located. It name will be NameofPresentation_pptx.

Regards,

Shubhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Shubhi, for looking at it.

I believe the resource files are in the zip file that is the second link in my earlier posting. If not, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Zip file shared by you contains Published output. And as I told Publish output will not work because file is not properly publish. Try republishing the file and go to Publish folder>data and see if there are slide0,slide1 .swfs.

Resource folder will have all media files which you have used for presentation like audio.

Regards,

Shubhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have republished about 10 times, and the results sometime look a little different in terms of what backgrounds (layout.swf) show when the presentation tries to open. However, there are no slides.swf for any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! I had the same problem. Only 3 slides out of 28 would show up when published. I tried a lot of things, including publishing on another machine, copying the slides into a fresh PPTX, and monkeying with the animations (the three slides that would publish had animations, whereas none of the others did). Anyway, nothing worked, until I found your solution. I saved as a PPT in 2003 format, and oila! Everything works like magic. Why? Who knows... My experience is that Presenter is just like that sometimes. Half the time you'll never know what went wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma,

Thank you so much. Your solution worked for me, too!  I spent at least 20 hours on this problem, and your simple fix of saving as a PPT instead or PTTX file made it work correctly.

Adobe, I hope you are monitoring this forum. You have a huge bug in the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jorma,  We are trying to repro this issue at our side but for that we need to have resource file and PPTX which are causing problem. Thanks to Nealdog2(sorry don't know name, so using forum id) for sharing PPTX but we needed resource file as well.

Jorma, it will be great if you can also share PPTX and resource file.

We are invetigating and will get back on this.

Regards,

Shubhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the PPTX file provided by Nealdog2 in one of his earlier posts:

"Here is a public link to the PPT file." Just tell presenter to drop any association to the Presenter files and attempt to publish the presentation without any audio files. Presenter just gives me a "cannot publish" message. If I do a save as PPT03, and then publish it works fine.

The method of saving as PPT instead of PPTX has been a fall back solution of the community since PPT07 came out. 90% people are not even using PPT07 specific functionality, so you don't lose anything, but Presenter has always had a more consistant output with the older file format. I never figured out what was causing the error, just that it went away when saved as the older format.

And I'm glad I could give a quick and resonable solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nirupam, isn't the resource file in the zip file I posted a link to?  If you need another file or folder, could you tell me what it is called? I will be glad to post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma,

I'm having the same problem...Published Presenter file just hangs at loading screen. I'm using PPT 2003, so I get ppt files by default, not pptx. And, as mentioned previously, I can get other files to work sometimes...so what am I missing? All files seem to be in their proper locations, and at this point I'm only publishing to My Computer, although eventually I'll need it to run via ConnectPro.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without having access to the file, I don't know that I could find an easy answer. I recall that if you were using some images (non-JPEG or GIF) that it caused the program to crash when publishing due to it not being able to convert images, but that was years ago that I saw that (and possibly Presenter 6). If you could share your files we could look at it and see what it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily upgrade to 7.07 by folllowing this technote with your license: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/912/cpsid_91200.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Heyward.  I will give that a try.  I don’t think it will solve the problem I am having now because that is not listed in the tech notes for the upgrade, but it may prevent other problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but I was commenting on your comment that Adobe was not allowing you to upgrade to 7.07 and there is a procedure for that. You may have already solved that but I wanted to make sure that you knew that to upgrade with the kind of license you have you have to do a couple steps beyond just entering the key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, the main reason for the observed behavior is a failure to convert all the slides in the PPTx. The root cuase of the failure is due to certain objects in the specific layouts being used in this presentation. The workaround is to open 'view>slide master' and delete the placeholders on all the applicable layout slides corresponding to the actual slides. This issue will be fixed in the next update.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2011 Oct 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, is there a known issue for this.  Is Presenter 7.07 still unable to make full use of .pptx functionality?  It sounds like you are saying that certain objects are not yet supported in Presenter but will hopefully be in a future release.  How will I know which slides I will need your listed workaround for?  Is there another forum post addressing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that while saving PPTx to PPT may be a viable solution in certain cases, the overall quality of text would be superior when converting PPTx.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi nealdog,

since we have identified the root cause, the resource files wont be needed any more. Do let us know if you are able to use PPTx after following the steps outlined above.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources