Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application for selling theater tickets with seating chart

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I need to develop a website which sells theater tickets, base on the availbale seating chart. user can select the seats to purchase by a mouse click . when mouse goes over each seat, it shows the rate.

I am a standard CF developer, worked with databases, but can't do this one.

can it be done in CF? or Javascript? or any ready code or web service is available to purchase?

I would appreciate any hint.

thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ones that I have seen use Flash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it can be done with CF; it - however - could not be done with JavaScript alone: JS only runs on the web browser.

No disrespect meant, but in that you need to ask questions like that which you have, I am afraid you are well out of your depth doing this sort of thing, so the best advice I can offer is to get in touch with a local development shop and engage them to do the work.

As for what might already be out there... did you like use Google or something to have a look?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for input. I did search on Google and otheers. no result found.

as far as having someone to do it, I seriously don't know anyone to know CF! most compnies work with PHP. unless I just take a chance to try someone I don't know.

I would appreciate more hints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you do go with Flash, you could do the CF part and contract out the Flash part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It could very well be done in ColdFusion, which now has large Javascript and Flash libraries. Remember that the mouse-over requirement is a relatively insignificant part of the application. The main functionalities, ticket sales, transaction and payment processing, etc. are standard ploughing in ColdFusion.

If you wish to buy instead, then my advice is as follows. Find a theater on the web that has an application similar to what you want. Call them and ask who built it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation