Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaHelp full text search does not work

Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a JavaHelp project with RH 8 and have the full-text search option turned on. However, when I run the project and try to use the search function, the hour glass appears and the search is not performed.

Marion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

I solved the problem!

The search couldn' t perform because RH didn't create the JavaHelpSearch files on my system. I didn't find the reason why, but I solved the problem by a work around with a batch file that is linked to the jhindexer. After generating the help set I create the JavaHelpSearch files by using this batch file.

Thanks to Peter for his information on his JavaHelp page. I already knew this page before, when searching for information about javahelp.

If you have any problems with the j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have to install a different JDK or how can I get a search that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marion

I am sorry that your first foray into these forums is not getting the answer you want. Unfortunately there are just not many users of javahelp around here.

If I select Full Text Search there is a prompt to Install Java 2 SDK so it looks like you will get a prompt if the JDK version is wrong. There is some old information about JavaHelp on my site, not sure if that will help though.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

Thank you for your reply. There is no prompt to install a different version and I already installed Java 2 SDK. So I have no idea, what I can change to get the search working. I would be very happy if anyone could give me a hint.

Marion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking the best hint would be to look at the JavaHelp page on my site and see why this type of help is not popular. See Mike Hamilton's comments at the end.

It is worth checking with your developers with this format really is required, it rarely is the only option.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem!

The search couldn' t perform because RH didn't create the JavaHelpSearch files on my system. I didn't find the reason why, but I solved the problem by a work around with a batch file that is linked to the jhindexer. After generating the help set I create the JavaHelpSearch files by using this batch file.

Thanks to Peter for his information on his JavaHelp page. I already knew this page before, when searching for information about javahelp.

If you have any problems with the javahelp you may also find useful information on the javahelp.java.net/ site and in the javahelp tutorial  http://download.java.net/javadesktop/javahelp/jhug.pdf.

Marion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look here:

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4632730

Check if you have many nonbreaking space in a topic in RoboHelp.

I had the same problem and found in one topic (html-file) many nonbreaking spaces. When I deleted all, I could compile a JavaHelp without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp