• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting .wmv and .asf files

Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have to stream, with rtmp, some .wmv and .asf files.

Flash media server doesn't work with this kind of files, correct me if I'm wrong,

but it only works with .mp4 and .flv files.

How can i do to convert these files?

What tool can i use?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Adobe Flash CS4 or CS5 - if yes - it comes with Adobe Media Encoder which you can use to convert files to .mp4 or .flvs. I have not used it to convert above format files - but if you this software you can give it a try. Also there should be may open source softwares which you can search over net which converts file from one format to another - you can try them out - one of the is MediaCoder (http://www.mediacoderhq.com/) - there should be others too. Once you convert into FMS supported format - you can run flvcheck tool from FMS installation to check validity of the file - if it passes flvcheck tool (it works for mp4 files too) - you converted file should have no issues in streaming via FMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SE_0208,

thank you for reply.

I don't have Adobe Flash installed so I'll try with MediaCoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines