• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't publish an .app file

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First try at publishing a Mac .app version of my project.  I'm doing everything that the Help says to do. I checked out an Adobe blog psot, but it is a duplicate of the Help I get an .app folder with subfolders inside, but I'm expecting an Apple executable file.

What is going wrong?

I have Captivate 5.5, 8 GB of RAM, and a fast processor.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing all of this on a PC?  If so, I think you may find that the .app folder with subfolders inside IS just how the Apple EXE looks on a Windows box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm using a PC. (Don't have any Macs here)

I'm trying to get this to run on an iPad because the boss wants product demos to be downloadable from our website to iPads.  I haven't used a Mac in decades, but I am told the same operating system is used with iPad.

I tried the HTML5 converter, no luck.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't do iPad content at the moment but I'm interested to get your feedback on how "easy" it was to get the content onto the iPad once you've built it. 

My feeling is that the roundabout route through Apple's store is going to be a major disincentive to corporate e-learning clients who always seem to end up making lots of changes to courses AFTER they've gone out.

By all means come back and update this thread with your observations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, will do - it might take a while!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in a Captivate 5.5 class last week.  The instructor told us that if we planned to publish to an ipad, Apple charges $99 per project.    That could be why its not working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, that's interesting. Thanks, sue822.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources