• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Flow Multi Page PDF

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to automatically flow a multiple-page PDF into InDesign CS5. I have a 350 page PDF that I need to import, each page of the PDF as a new page in the document. Something that works like the shift + click with a loaded cursor for word documents? Or a script that allows me to place PDFs that way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

open your scripts panel, either in apple scripts or java: find placeMultiPagePdf and double click: follow and select from dialogue

G

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a script for this... cant be done otherwise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just combine that PDF with whatever you’ll be adding to it in InDesign in Acrobat?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice share.

Thanks Grant H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open your scripts panel, either in apple scripts or java: find placeMultiPagePdf and double click: follow and select from dialogue

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u r right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmn: just tried it... gives more options and works in ID 5.5...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grant H wrote:

hmmn: just tried it... gives more options and works in ID 5.5...

There's an earlier version too, for earlier versions of ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your indesign window manu > and find utilities option and click on script panal you will see a script sub-window on your screen click on javascript and find placeMultiPagePdf option and click double and choose your document and enjoy your self

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an InDesign Layout for which I need to print two up per sheet...full bleeds so I need to flow the multipage pdf to respect the columns.  I will then trim them out with the full bleed.  The script causes it to align with the upper left corner rather than flowing into the respective columns as a text file would.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we're going to need screen shots....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paper is 12 X 18

Each side will be trimmed to 8.5 X 11 and is a total of 1403/702 sheets

Once the pdf is flowed throughout, I will add the background to the Master pages.

Cheri

Skip letter 2 out.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter:

The only other way I can think of is to flow all pages into an 8.5 X 11 InDesign document, then recreate a booklet pdf, then re flow into an 11 X 17 InDesign doc, then change the page size to 12 X 18 and add my background to master pages...I just won't have the appropriate bleed in the center, but I can probably fudge it when I cut.  If you know of a better way to accommodate the bleeds...I am so ready to listen.

Thanks for your prompt help.

Cheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a data merge project? It would be pretty easy to set up that way....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No...this came from the client as a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you blanked out information that is different between the two sides on your screen shot?

Do they have to be in a particular order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each page is unique, but I think I can mix up the order of the personalized letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter:

I think I solved my own problem with this for printing two out and with the full bleed.  Once I flowed the pdf as 8.5 X 11, then changed my doc size to 9 X 12, dropped in my background on the master page, my printer allows me to choose 2 up on 12 X 18 AND choose the order as down then across etc.  THANK YOU for all your help.

Cheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Those spots contain personal information, so simply put black boxes over them so acct #s weren’t out for the world to see.  Obviously the black boxes won’t be there.

Cheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you solved it. As far as personal info, though, you need to delete yours when you reply by email. I'll do it for you on the last post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Cheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem i am having is it does not center it, do i have to write a script, not sure how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timothy,

try the MultPageImporter script originally written by Scott Zanelli, now curated by Mike Edel:

https://github.com/mike-edel/ID-MultiPageImporter/releases

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, a note to myself:

First read the date of a post, then answer…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines