• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

11.0.1.152 for IE Fails to Install, requests that browser be closed

Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7 64 bit IE9 ...

I have attempted to install 11.0.1.152 for IE on my computer. 50% through the download installation, I am requested to close my browser. THE BROWSER IS CLOSED. The installation then fails. I tried 3 times with the same result.

I, presently, have 11.0.1.129 for IE installed.

I also installed 11.0.1.152 for browsers other than IE. That installation did not fail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the browser may be running in the background or another app may be  using the activeX control.  common apps would be instant messengers or similar.  download the flash player installer locally (eg save to desktop).  open up  task manager and quit all running applications then attempt the install.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this doesn't seem to work. After I initialy close the browser, the task manager reports no applications are running and the Adobe Installer still requests I close the browser. The installation continues to fail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to quit all iexplore.exe processes: go to task manager->Processes tab, end all iexplore.exe processes existing in the list. After that, the installation will continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, if yan's suggestion doesn't work.  please uninstall the previous 11,0,1,129 beta build via Control Panel>Programs and Features.  retry the install...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yan.Zhou ... it worked. I had 3 instances of iexplore.exe running, even though the browser was not open. Evidently this is an IE bug. If MS cannot fix this, perhaps Adobe needs to add an instruction to their installer to automatically close all open versions of the process.

And thanks to you, libflashplayer.so, too. I do appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines