• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash Player v11 in 64-bit Windows with multiple web browsers...

Contributor ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I see that there are 32-bit and 64-bit installers now. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ says I am using 32-bit Windows on my updated 64-bit W7 HPE machine in Mozilla's SeaMonkey v2.0.14 web browser. In 32-bit IE8, it detects my 64-bit Windows. So I decided to try only running 64-bit ActiveX and Plugins installers. Both 32-bit and 64-bit IE8, and Mozilla's 32-bit SeaMonkey show Flash v11. Does that mean it is done and correct and I don't need to run the 32-bit installers (thought I had to do all four)?

Also, is it normal for control panel to show 32-bit icon for Flash player? Where's the 64-bit one? "Program and Features" (Add/Remove Programs) list shows 64-bit.

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

the Native Cotrol Panel is also part of the 64-bit installer process, it just happens to be a 32-bit app.  in total, here are the items that are installed as part of the 64-bit installer:

64-bit Plugin/ActiveX

32-bit Plugin/ActiveX

32-bit Native Control Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of Flash you use is determined by the browser you are using.  If you are using Explorer 32 bit it will use Flash 32 bit.  If you are using Explorer 64 bit it should use Flash 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

steve19150 wrote:

The version of Flash you use is determined by the browser you are using.  If you are using Explorer 32 bit it will use Flash 32 bit.  If you are using Explorer 64 bit it should use Flash 64 bit.

But in Mozilla's SeaMonkey 2.0.14 web browser in an updated 64-bit W7 HPE machine, it offered me a 32-bit Flash player. Does the 64-bit installers include both 32-bit and 64-bit Flash players for my 32-bit and 64-bit web browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 64-bit installers will also install the 32-bit plugins. in the Program and Features list, the Flash Player version will be listed as:

Adobe Flash Player Plugin 64-bit

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX 64-bit

this applies to the Windows Platform...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

libflashplayer.so wrote:

the 64-bit installers will also install the 32-bit plugins. in the Program and Features list, the Flash Player version will be listed as:

Adobe Flash Player Plugin 64-bit

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX 64-bit

this applies to the Windows Platform...

Thanks. What about the control panel icon? Is that supposed to be 32-bit only? No 64-bit one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, i'm not following which icon you are referring too.  would you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting the screenshot.  i don't have that icon on my install, but i'm told that settings manager (Native Control Panel) is a 32-bit application.  any settings changes made there will apply to the 64-bit player also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

libflashplayer.so wrote:

thanks for posting the screenshot.  i don't have that icon on my install, but i'm told that settings manager (Native Control Panel) is a 32-bit application.  any settings changes made there will apply to the 64-bit player also.

Really? Are we supposed to not have it? Others and I did an upgrade/install over v10 on our 64-bit Windows machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the Native Cotrol Panel is also part of the 64-bit installer process, it just happens to be a 32-bit app.  in total, here are the items that are installed as part of the 64-bit installer:

64-bit Plugin/ActiveX

32-bit Plugin/ActiveX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

libflashplayer.so wrote:

64-bit Plugin/ActiveX

32-bit Plugin/ActiveX

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines