Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GUI - Font Size for Pods

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2011 Oct 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing an eval of RoboHelp8.

Is there a way to increase the display font-size of the RoboHelp pods?  Not the text inside a topic, but RoboHelp's own display size?

I have a long list of topics and the font size in the Project Manager pod and the TOC pod seems to be 7 or 8 pt.  I need to edit some of these names, and, even though I have a wide screen, it's a bit of an eye strain all around for this work.

I'm willing to go into a settings file (or even the registry), if there is no simple access.

Thanks.  I really don't want to do workaround with Win7 display manager or screen resolution, as I often multi-task...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot help you with the question, I haven't seen anyone post any suggestion.

Replying though to question the evaluation of RoboHelp 8, you do realise the current version is RoboHelp 9?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thank you.

I have found a serviceable workaround using Microsoft's helpers.

As for the eval, I'm finding that the software is much better than the documentation, which is not what I expected, actually.

I see that you have a well put together "tour" for the 9 release.  I'll note, though, consistent with my comment just above, that Adobe's 'new features' list documentation has text running off the page in both IE and Firefox (Robo9, New Features), also not what I would have expected.

As someone who has (and is) putting a lot of time/thought into indexes, I've been happy with the index creation tools, so far, with just a small project to work with.  Cross-referencing, in particular, has gone well, and that is always a vexing topic.

We'll see how that goes. 

So far, the only thing I've been remiss about is that the software seems to build relational-db index for the index, which is good (fast and robust), but it doesn't write/put the keywords into the HTML topics themselves, just for reference.  This limits facile portability of the HTML pages, perhaps even to another Robo project, a "sub project".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SealedEnvelope wrote:

I'll note, though, consistent with my comment just above, that Adobe's 'new features' list documentation has text running off the page in both IE and Firefox (Robo9, New Features), also not what I would have expected.

So far, the only thing I've been remiss about is that the software seems to build relational-db index for the index, which is good (fast and robust), but it doesn't write/put the keywords into the HTML topics themselves, just for reference.  This limits facile portability of the HTML pages, perhaps even to another Robo project, a "sub project".

The text is not wrapping. You can add comments to any OLH topic and Adobe then work on them so please add a comment. Some people use commenting to pose questions but it doesn't work well as often you have to go back and forth and the forums are designed for that. Comments are great for observations like yours or adding additional information you have found.

Go to Project Settings and you can have the keywords in the topics as an alternative. It will not change the location of existing keyword and you must have at least one keyword that is in the index file.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have added the comment.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp