• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making RDS Files into Projects

Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

There is no local environements where I'm working, we all work off of the same dev server.  I have the server RDS'ed into my builder 2 with the fileview, etc.

What I want to do is turn the folders that I deal with most often (the apps) into projects.  So far I can't figure out how to do that.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Caden.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any guesses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to map the folders in a network drive so that your computer sees them as available on the local file system and then set up a project that points to them there.

It would work, but it might not be very performant.

Of course you know I am obligated to bring up that multiple developers working on the same shared sever is a terrible idea and is prone to errors, right?

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, the performance dies which is why we're using RDS instead of just getting to it thorugh a mapped drive.

Indeed it is.  Some things never change though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I am afraid you are out of luck. Eclipse is designed to work with local projects.

I suspect that you're only hope would be to set up local projects that automatically synchronize with the shared server so that, essentially, when you save something to your local machine it automatically copies it to your server. Perhaps somethignlike rsync or DeltaCopy.

Still a bad model.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation