• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp TOC books do not work after clicking on a topic

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a webhelp project that is created in RoboHTML 8. I am running IE 7 on Windows XP.

My TOC books work fine until I click on a topic. After that, my books will not open or if they are open, they will not close. If a book is open, cliking on a topic continues to work. It's just the books that are not functioning. I know that this project has worked in the past. Does anyone know if there is a browser setting, add-on, etc. that would cause this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't understand what is not working. Can't you open the topics assigned to books? Won't the books expand? Can you please tell us what exactly is happening and what you expect to happen.

You can do a quick test for the browser with another computer. Try opening the help from another computer. You can also let a collegue log in to your computer to open the help.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TOC books work fine until you click on a topic (you can open and close books all day). Once you click on a topic, however, you cannot open any more books, nor can you close the books that you already opened.

Clicking on a topic from the TOC continues to work even after the close/open book problem surfaces (assuming you already opened a book to expose topics)..

I did wonder if it is a browser setting, add-on, or something similar, as it works fine on a co-workers machine. I have made adjustments to my browser settings, but still have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information:

I can view other webhelp output without these problems.

I can even generate new webhelp and then view it without problems. The only thing I can see that is different from my problematic webhelp project and other webhelp projects is that the problematic project is generated in RoboHTML and the others are generated in RoboHelp for Word (version 8 for both).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Have you tried removing all your browser history, browser cache etc? It may be there's a fault script left over in the browser's cache.

Do you perhaps have Chrome Frame installed for your Internet Explorer? What other add-ins do you have installed?

I've seen some problems with IE before where it was a problem with the user profile. Having ICT delete the user profile from the local pc solved the problem. But it means losing more than browser settings. What happens if a co-worker logs on to your pc with his own credentials. Does the help work then?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp