• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp WebHelp Hangs iPad

Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using RoboHelp HTML 8.0.0.23 (will be upgrading to 9.0.1.262 soon) to generate WebHelp pages to support my company's software product. Our QA team submitted a defect that states, "In order for our help pages to work on mobile devices, it should be designed without frames." It goes on to say that the help pages cause the iPad to hang and adds, "Help link leads to a page with a frameset and the iPad hangs when it encounters framesets. They are not supported . . ." How can I fix this? I can't figure out how to remove framesets; and if I could, my help pages wouldn't display properly. Maybe it's because I'm on an older version of RoboHelp and should just wait till we upgrade? Maybe it's how the developers are calling the help pages? Can anyone provide input? I checked the old forums and can't find anything about this.

Thanks so much,

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Sorry, but WebHelp output was never advertised to work on an iPad. There is presently no RoboHelp output that is supported on this device. At least not in WebHelp format. I suppose you might find ePub will be the answer for that. But that really isn't a help system.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your prompt response. We'll come up with another solution then for our iPad users. - Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp