• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixing the path for images in RoboHelp 8

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am rather new to Robohelp, so please forgive me if this has been addressed in another dicussion...I have been searching and cannot seem to find what I am looking to describe.

I am working in Robohelp 8, and  creating a new help system by importing topics from a previous help system. The problem I am running into and I cannot see how to fix is that there are a couple of topics that have images where instead of the path for the image directed to a folder called "Images" in the main directory, it dumps the graphic into the project manager window when I import the topic. I tried viewing topics that don't have their images on the main project manager window, and comparing against the one that does, and I cannot see the difference. I have tried renaming the images and placing in the correct folders, and then inserting the images into the topics, but it still tries to look at the main folder and still dumps the image into the project manager.

Any help you can provide please share.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Right click on Project Files and add a New Folder called Images. The images will likely then appear.

You don't have to have images in the same folder as the topics, it's up to you where they are stored. When Project Files show, you are seeing real folders and you can store stuff where you want. When you see HTML Files, RoboHelp is showing the old view with pseudo folders. I suggest you stick with Project Files and then have the images wherever you want.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authori

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toggle_project_manager.gif

Click the top left icon where shown so that the first item reads Project Files rather than HTML Files. That gets rid of the traditional RoboHelp view and lets you see where the images are really stored, rather than showing things in pseudo folders.

I think that will help you see things more clearly. Post back if not.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I was actually working in the view you mentioned below. This is what I am seeing....I inserted an image out of my “Images” folder, however when it is inserted the graphic is displayed on the project manager listing. This does not happen with all graphics that I insert, only a select few, so I am trying to figure out why these specific ones would clog up the project manager list view and other would not.  This is what I was referring to as the path, because I thought that maybe it had something to do with the original path or creation of the images that is causing this to happen, and if I could find this difference, then I could fix it.

(the image I inserted with the issue is the small image above the words Lookup Profiles, see where the image is then stored at the Project file level on the list view. All of the other topics that are in the list view also have images, but they do not show up on the project view list.

Priscilla B. Mudge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are replying by email and that does not allow the images to come through, you need to do that via the web interface.

Also it is not wise to post email addresses on forums generally unless you are want a bank official in some foreign country to offer to share the balance of a large account!

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops....sorry about that.....I am very new to this....so thanks for the tips . I hope this comes through ok this time.

Image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me get clear what you are doing. You are importing this topic from another project and most of the images are being saved with the topic but this one is going to the root of the project, correct?

If it is only one image that is going wrong, you can drag and drop it where you want it saved.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to say yes (because it sounds like what I am trying to get at, but not sure).....I have tried deleting the images, and recreating, and then re-inserting into the topic, and they still go to the root of project. As I am going along, I am finding more and more.....so far there are 20 images that are doing this.  However, I also just did what you mentioned and dragged it and put it under the topic. But I am still confused as to why I would need to do this for some topics and for other topics the images don't appear at all (meaning they don't show under topics or root of project), they are just linked through the folder on the main directory. Does this image help more?

image2.jpg

Left of picture above: The folder directory has a folder called Images, and this is where all of the images were stored and are stored for the new project.

Middle of picture above: The topic Horizontal Command had an image in it "image20.gif", and it was at the root directory and as you suggested I moved to the topic. Also see the topic circled Expand and Collapse Folders topic has the image circled at the left within it.

What I am trying to understand is why would the graphic from the Horizontal command topic dump into the root of the project, while the image from the Expand and Collapse Folders topic not show on the root project or even within the topic listed. (Which is what I prefer for all topics).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing topics and inserting images into existing topics are differernt operations.

When you insert an image into a topic it will go to the root of the project, there is no option to get it be saved in the topic folder or any other folders. It drives us all nuts but that's the way it is.

The more people who request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

It sounds like there is a second problem that when you import a topic, the images appear in the topic but you cannot see them in Project Manager, correct? If so go to Windows Explorer and see where the images are and then post back.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the images for the topics that don't show up on the project manager view are saved within a folder called "Images" see path below.....see picture I had sent above. I am ok with images not showing on the project manager view, I actually prefer it, as it is too cumbersome to have them show under each topic separately.

Documentation\PRIVATE\SAM_11_Online_Help\Images

(This is where all of the images for the entire project are stored....it seems like just a few maybe 25 of the 900 images are giving me issues.)

I am a little confused with what you mention as far as there not being an option to get them to store in the topic folder or any other folders.....do you mean showing on the project manager view or within actual folders within Windows Explorer? (Basically the same thing?).....the picture above I had sent showed that the topic Expand and Collapse Folders which I had imported, and actually had images within in it, and the images didn't show up on the project manager view...which is what I want. When I imported the topic Horizontal Command it also had an image, but this time it put the image on the root project manager view, which I then moved to be closer to the actual topic, but I don't want it to show up there at all (just like the other topic imported with its images).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on Project Files and add a New Folder called Images. The images will likely then appear.

You don't have to have images in the same folder as the topics, it's up to you where they are stored. When Project Files show, you are seeing real folders and you can store stuff where you want. When you see HTML Files, RoboHelp is showing the old view with pseudo folders. I suggest you stick with Project Files and then have the images wherever you want.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!!!! That was it......sorry for such a long convo in order to get to that....my terminology not great.....I am hoping the classes I am going to take will help answer and resolve some of my questions.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp