Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 11.0.1.152 installation problem with Windows Vista 64-Bit

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just can't get Flash Player to install on my computer with Windows Vista 64-Bit - doesnt matter if I try with Firefox, Opera or IE (I usually use Firefox).

The download isn't a problem, but when I start the downloaded .exe, this file just disappears from my download folder and nothing happens - besides starting a process called install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih_3.exe, which does nothing. The usual installation popup never appears. After that I can't try starting the installation again, until disabling the process via task manager ("Only a single instance of this application may run"). Doesn't matter if I try the download and installation with or without "McAffe Security Plus" btw - same result.

I never had such a problem before - Flash Player 10.3 was and is no problem to install and use.

I have tried all the measures suggested in the troubleshooting section on the official site, including the advanced troubleshooting measures (uninstall old version, run as administrator, disabling software firewalls, disabling virus scanner etc.). Nothing helps.

I don't got those problems with my laptop running Windows 7 - just my desktop computer with Vista 64-Bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Try using the installers from the links in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550

P.S. topic moved to the Installation section of the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw: I tried with the 32-Bit version and with 64-Bit version - same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem. I run installer, nothing happens. Installer disappears after process disappears. I have had this problem for a long time. I have tried uninstalling completely and nothing works. Hating it.

Windows7 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried going in safe mode multiple times and nothing works. Now I can't seem to find the 10.3 installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the installers from the links in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550

P.S. topic moved to the Installation section of the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot!

That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines