• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does this Project ToC topic have a red X over questionmark pls?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am using RH HTML X5.0.2 Build 606.

I have a project ToC open and things seemed to be going well except one topic has a red X over the questionmark that goes along with the topic title.

Unlike the others that have no red X, I can't open this topic in the right-side panel.

If I switch the right-side view to Topics view I can find the corresponding file name...also with an X through it, There is also a corresponding Title entry. If I click on the file name on this side of the window, the page does not open. Those have have no X open up just fine.

The only thing I can think of is that at some point I changed the name of this topic, but I can't see how that might play into things.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The reason the x is there is because RoboHelp can't find this topic. That's also why you can't edit or display it. From RoboHelp's perspective, it knows a topic was there, but it's since likely been deleted or renamed behind RoboHelp's back.

If you changed the name, did you do it from inside RoboHelp or from Windows Explorer? Often things break when you don't do them from inside RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Yes, I did rename it and yes, I did do it in RH and not Windows.

If I change the name to whatever it was before, will that fix it please?
How would I go about finding out what it used to be named please?
Thanks for the help

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp