Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Digital signatures export as ns dataNode in my XML file

Level 2

I created a simple form and need to copile responses as they are returned.  I have been able to set it up and it works beautifully except for the electronic signature fields.  There are two signature fields.  There are two signature fields.  When I export the files as
XML and open it up in Excel, there are three records for each file.  The signature field is labeled "ns1:  dataNode"; for two of the records, the column reads "dataGroup"; the third is empty.  I am currently using LiveCycle Designer ES2 and Acrobat X Pro.  What I would like in my Excel file is an indicator of whether or not there is an electronic signature present in each of the two signature fields.  Can someone help?

Thank you,

Gloria Diaz

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Gloria

Unlike data capture fields, such as text fields, numeric fields and check boxes, Signature fields do not support "data binding".  This means that when the data is exported, the signature field contents (the signature itself) is not included in the XML data.

If you want some indication in your data that a signature was applied, you could write some JavaScript that gets executed on the "Post Sign" event of the Signature Field.  This script would set a value in a field (this field could be hidden), then in the data you could check for the value to se if the signature field had been signed.

Regards

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Gloria

Unlike data capture fields, such as text fields, numeric fields and check boxes, Signature fields do not support "data binding".  This means that when the data is exported, the signature field contents (the signature itself) is not included in the XML data.

If you want some indication in your data that a signature was applied, you could write some JavaScript that gets executed on the "Post Sign" event of the Signature Field.  This script would set a value in a field (this field could be hidden), then in the data you could check for the value to se if the signature field had been signed.

Regards

Steve

Level 2

Steve,

Thank you.  I had hoped the answer wouldn't involve writing script as I'm very inexperienced at it.  But, I will give it a try.  I appreciate your response.  It makes sense.

Gloria

Former Community Member

Gloria

The script is very simple.  Here is the graphic of a very simple sample...

ScriptExample.jpg

Regards

Steve

Level 2

Steve,

That is easy!  If I thought about it, I probably could have figured it out - but it would have taken me a looooong time!  Thank you so much.  You've been very helpful.

Warmly,

Gloria

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----