Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 pretends to FTP

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Using CP 5 - I get the same behaviour on PC and Mac.

I set up to publish via FTP.  Clicking Test works fine.  And to be sure it's actually doing something I've put in bad info to get it to fail.

When I publish, I get a message that says that the files have been published, but when I check the server/site, the files are not there.

Anyone else experiencing this?

TIA - Vijay

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please take some time and read the thread linked below. You posted the same issue in multiple forum categories.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick,

I searched and inadvertantly replied to other posts, corrected myself, and created a new post.

Sorries - Vijay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're checking the files have reached the remote web server, make sure you Refresh the remote server file view before confirming they're not there.  I've been caught a few times with this.  The files were uploaded but my view of the remote server had not been updated until I refreshed.

I always try to link to the files over HTTP to make sure all of the necessary files made it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

I've refreshed after every publish attempt ( I've been caught with that myself '-) ) ... I've sent it to Adobe as a bug, and I just heard back from our Hosting  provider that they use Passive FTP.  V4 on PC works, V5 on PC or Mac doesn't.  I wonder if Adobe just doesn't like me lol

Thanks - Vijay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could be.  Your name sounds Indian.  Maybe you're not from the right part of Bangalore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources