8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2011 5:44 AM by Noel Carboni

Arial Narrow Problem... No existing fixes have worked

tbreihan

Hi all: I'm working in Photoshop CS5 x64 (part of CS5 Master Collection) on Windows 7. This is a new computer and intall, <2 months old.

I work with a lot of older PSDs using the Arial Narrow family--Arial Narrow, Narrow Bold, Narrow Bold Italic, Narrow Italic. Per this article (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/402/kb402845.html) I've installed the older TrueType versions of the font (v.2.30). I've also installed some other fonts, including Helvetica LT. The other fonts show up in the CS5 apps with no issue. Arial Narrow does not. The default OpenType font shows up under the Arial family as Arial -> Narrow (along with regular, bold, etc.) This precludes the use of Narrow Bold, Narrow Italic, etc.

What I've done in Illustrator CS5 and InDesign CS5 is to install the Arial fonts in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS5\Support Files\Required\Fonts" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5\Fonts" respectively. This makes them show up in Illustrator and InDesign. However no such folder exists for Photoshop (or I am not finding it.)

Can anyone tell me how to solve this? Thanks!