Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video stops but progress bar continues on

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an issue with video playback on my LMS.  On a page with a video, the video starts and then shortly after stops (progress bar shows buffering).  The progress bar then continues on and sometimes goes to the end and triggers the next page.  Unfortunetly, the video may start up during this time and is cut short.  I am running 7.0.7. 

So far the things I have tried:

• Included a 20 second buffer page before first video file - Did not seem to help
  • Selected "Download slides completely before playback" - Seemed to make it worse
  • Reduced the file size of each video by 1/2 - Helped but still occurs

Most of these ideas are from a forum or two.  Any additional ideas that I can try to better help.....Thanks 

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just want to check how mauch is network bandwith and what type of network connection you are using. With low bandwidth and wireless connecton usually cotent take time to lad from server.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shubhi,

I would need to get the tech info for you but we have many courses using other programs such as Articulate that do not run into this problem. I have reduced the four FLV files down by half to 1,2,3, and 4 meg. The main issue seems to be is the progress bar continues on even if the video is buffering. Thanks for any help...

Sent from my MOTOBLUR™ smartphone on AT&T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2011 Oct 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are trying to stream .flv files using Presenter 7.07.  Are the video files stored on the same server as your LMS content or somewhere else.  Since you are using .flv, are you streaming them with calls to RTMP?  Is there any difference by calling using RTMPT?

How large are the videos now?  You can check your current speed by running a quick speed test.  I see quite different results on fast vs slow connections for the streaming functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2011 Oct 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello BooneDawks,

Sorry I have moved everything over to Articulate Presenter and it works fine in this program. The four FLV video file sizes were 1, 2, 3, and 4M. All files were located on the LMS along with the program.  Due to the time frame I needed to fix this in a hurry, so I had t try other means.  Once I have more time, I will play with it again.  Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources