Installed flash 11 and now nothing works

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

operating system : window 7 64bit   

broswer : firefox 7.0.1

Flash 11    

Ok, i have installed and unistalled and reinstalled flash somewhere around a dozen times. everything that needs flash keeps telling me i need flash 10. if you click the link that the webpage gives you it takes you to the download for the new flash 11. i have tried having firefox update the flash plugin and it tries to install the old 10.3.183.7 version when it does. so what can i do i would like to be able to watch videos again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Flash 11 crashing in all browsers

Yep, Flash Player 11 is crashing in Firefox, Safari and Chrome- I have tried reinstalling it, turning of the system version, and the built in borwser version, uninstalling, reinstalling an older one,

there is a big problem with this, and none of the borwser cos. or adobe seem to be doing anything. I am on MacOS (10.6.8), and since the update to Shockwave Flash it has failed every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the plugin service finder is broken for firefox, so that will not work for you.  please try to use the direct links to the installers in this FAQ: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3952360

download the uninstaller on the same page first to make sure you have the latest one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, unistalled and and reinstalled the plugin and still no go. firefox still says i need flash 10 for everything, it says i need it to view the videos. if i click to check for updates for my plugins, it has a notice that it has shut down my flash because it is outdated. if i click the link that is there i am taken to the page with the new 11.0.1.152. and im back to square one, where everything is updated and no videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Firefox version are you using?  Sorry, I see in your first post version 7.0.1

At about:plugins does it show Shockwave Flash as enabled?

Message was edited by: ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, its not even there let alone enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, I was using the Flash 11 beta with Firefox 7.0.1 and 8 beta without issue but this morning's update killed it.

Had to run the uninstaller found here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html and then reinstalled Flash 10. Functioning normally again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah uninstalling and installing an old version of 10.3 works, but  thats not a good permenant fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you are back to 10.3, can you see the Shockwave Flash plugin, and is it enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2011 Oct 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah its there now and enabled, but when i install 11 its not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2011 Oct 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install FP11, do you install the 64-bit version?

If so, what files do you have in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I was installing the 64-bit. I just uninstalled 10.3 and reinstalled 11. I have the .dll, .xpt and the plugin now in the folder. and now 11 is working for everything. I don't know what fixed it but its working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Flash 11 and it does not work with IE9.  However, I also downloaded Chrome and it works with that.  Now I have to use two browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Flash 11 and it does not work with IE9.

It does not work is not very descriptive of your problem with using Flash Player with I.E.  Have you done all of the I.E.9 suggestions in the FAQ section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, after being pestered by Adobe to update my Flash player to Version 11 I now find that my webcam will not work! I have tried to run it in IE 8, Firefox & Crome. I have ticked all the boxes but it will not display the video in my webcam broadcast page.(http://www.viewcam.co.uk/)

Does anyone have a fix for this and is Adobe likely to come up with a version that works!  What is the point af having an update if it doesn't work! Can we have version 10 back please Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hedgehog1943 wrote:

it will not display the video in my webcam broadcast page.(http://www.viewcam.co.uk/)

I don't see any Flash content on that page (just a JPEG image).

Hedgehog1943 wrote:

Can we have version 10 back please Adobe?

It is up to you if you want to revert to an older FP version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now solved all my problems by using XP system restore and reverting to the previous version of Adobe Flash player, I won't be updating my Flash Player again, thanks Adobe!

If it an't broke, don't fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is absurd. What is the plan? I uninstalled 11, I reinstalled 10.3, I got rid of TFF fonts and it still is giving me a failiure message in both Firefox and Safari. Totally unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines