• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy of Help Project

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2006 Sep 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a copy of my project and my map file still has an ext. of .h. Since I made a copy of it, shouldn't the file ext. be .hh now? I'm very confused.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rreavis. If you did a copy then that's just what it does. It won't rename files or have I misunderstood your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I thought that the copy of the project would have different file extensions than the original project for the TOC, Index, Map file, etc. Am I mistaken? I was going off of the "Firing up the Copier" directions listed below.

"Notice that earlier versions allowed you to rename the TOC and Index file names separately. This may seem like you are losing a bit of control, but it is actually a good thing and prevents us from aiming the gun at our feet. Typically we want the three file names to be identical. The file extensions keep them nicely segregated".
Text Text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH are you using? There is no copy facility in RHX5 for sure. Also the help text you quote sounds awfully informal and not the sort of professional help I'd expect from RH . When I was referring to the copy in my earlier post I was referring to copying files in Windows Explorer which is the normal way to copy/duplicate RH projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version X5. I was just concerned that the map file ext. should have been changed to .hh. If it is not a big deal that it is still .h in my copied project, then never mind; I must be confused. I just thought that in the copied project, the map file ext. should be .hh and that the TOC file ext. should be .hhc, and that the Index ext. would be .hhk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rreavis,

Both extensions are used but it has nothing to do with being a copy. .hh is the extension Microsoft designates for context sensitive help map files, while .h is a generic header extension. A header is simply a list of numeric definitions. Either extension can be used. I thought RoboHelp always generated .hh, while some developer tools used .h, but I could be wrong about that.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Oh I see. That makes it clearer to me now. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp