• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Damaged Installer for Mac OS X Lion

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried numerous times to install Adobe Flash Player (versions 10.3.183.5 & 11.0.1.152) on Mac OS X Lion.  Every time the installer proceeds to approximately 5% completion, then fails with the following message:

The installation failed.  Get support.

From searching other threads I found the recommendation to run the uninstaller package, then download and re-run the latest installer package.  The uninstaller package runs fine, but the installer fails again.  Another thread recommends to control-click the Install Adobe Flash Player Application, then Show Package Contents, then open the Contents/Resources folder to find the Adobe Flash Player package.  When I try to run this package I receive the follwoing error message:

The Installer is damaged.  The Installer can't open the package.  There may be a problem with file ownership or permissions.

I have tried downloading the installer different times from both the Adobe website and download.cnet.com with no success.  This is a factory install of Lion and I have installed several other applications on this Mac with no problems.  I have installed JRE and ensured that that the Flash Player plugins are not currently installed in my Internet Plugins folder of my Library and the core Library.  I have installed Google Chrome and flash runs fine with it's flash player plugin.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like you have a bad download.  clear your browser cache and try downloading the installers from this FAQ: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3952360

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared my cache by using the Safari/Reset Safari menu item (which deletes a lot of stuff), cleaned out my downloads folder, then emptied the trash.  I used the direct link to the Mac installer listed in the linked article.  Same result for both methods of opening the installed package.  I checked the file information for the installer downloaded and it showed the most recent download time for the version 11 installer.

Also, just for grins, I downloaded the installer using Chrome.  No luck that route either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

are you using the uninstaller that is also linked in the FAQ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines