• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player partial installation - help, please!

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone -

Can anyone please help with this? Last week I attempted to install Flash Player 10.3.181 (I think that is the tree). All went well until a message came up stating that Settings Manager was still open and that I should close it and try again. At this point a partially installed file was left on my PC. The partial install won't run, and it has overwritten the earlier version. It's a secure file, and it won't allow me to delete it. I've tried using Unlocker, and that won't work either. I can't get to Settings Manager because that needs Flash Player. Further attempts to download result in the same loop taking place - frustrating is a polite way of putting it! I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and Internet Explorer 8. I've just tried downloading version 11, and that gives exactly the same error. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550 and download

• the 64-bit uninstaller
  • the 64-bit installer(s)

then close all browser windows and run the downloaded uninstaller, followed by the installer(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

Thanks for that! It works in that the 64-bit uninstaller gets rid of the partial download. I can then re-install Flash Player, but only if I select an older version. Version 11 and the one before it both install partially, then give the Settings Manager message. Could this be something to do with IE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the exact message you are getting?  Is it about FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl ?

If so, try to delete it from C:\Windows\syswow64 - if necessary, use Unlocker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines