• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switch(es) for Silent install of Flash Player 11 Active X .exe installer (64 bit)

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the correct switch or switches for the silent install of "install_flash_player_11_active_x_64bit.exe".

Cannot use the .msi installer file as it generates an error code 1722.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

The EXE silent install switches are documented in this tech note: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/862/cpsid_86223.html.

Can you provide more information on the 1722 error you are getting when attempting to install using the MSI?  Can you attempt to install the MSI from the command line, using msiexec (including the log file option), and provide the log file?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article you posted was for version 10 and isn't performing a silent install for version 11.  What's the switch for a version 11 silent install?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried appending "-install" to the FP11 exe installer in a cmd window and it installed silently.  Can you tell me the full string you're using?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Chris. This is the full string …

install_flashplayer11x32ax_gtbd_aih.exe –install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a real installer; use the installer from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, do you mind if I ask another somewhat-related question, because I couldn’t find another form or forum to ask this?

I’ve disabled the automatic update prompts by adding the ‘autoupdatedisable=1’ to c:\windows\system\macromed\flash\mms.cfg.

How can I find direct downloads for each Flash Player 11 patch so I can push them myself to our employees’ computers, so I don’t have to rely on them responding to their computer’s system tray icon alert to update, as most of the time they ignore it?

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find the latest installers (including MSI) at http://www.adobe.com/special/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. But with your help I already have the link to the latest installers. I’m talking about finding the patches of Flash Player 11 once they’re available. Because I turned off the automatic updates for our users as they never respond to the prompts anyway. I want to download the patches myself and push the patches out to our users myself. Hope that makes sense. Thanks again for your help and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I have never seen a patch for Flash Player; only full installers (EXE or MSI).

Adobe Reader makes patches available, e.g. AdbeRdrUpd1011.msp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the most luck using the msi and /qn /i switches. The latest version can be downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html.

@Maria - The switches for the exe version have changed periodically across different versions, even inside the 10 family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon-Hall,

The EXE silent install/uninstall switches have been -install and -uninstall since the 10.1 release.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Can anyone say the parameter to install the adobe flash player online installer file in unattended installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The online installer can only be used in interactive mode.  The online installer doesn't have any parameters for unattended installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines